Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Beach Holy Week and Beach Parking

Yesterday our new Ajijic Delegado, Hector Espana, asked me to update the webboard with the following:

During Holy Week, no tents/bars will be allowed on the Ajijic Beach - Hector wants to have 100% family ambiance during this time. (In past years tents with beer and tequila were allowed)

Ongoing - Parking - cars and motorcycles will be allowed outside of the old Posada area - the rest of the beach is now no parking.

And meanwhile, Hector is going full steam ahead - as of yesterday, 23 handicap ramps have been installed starting with area around the plaza, and the streets are being cleaned every Saturday.

And if you didn't know, his office is on the plaza - corner of Hildago and Colon -

Yesterday our new Ajijic Delegado, Hector Espana, asked me to update the webboard with the following:

During Holy Week, no tents/bars will be allowed on the Ajijic Beach - Hector wants to have 100% family ambiance during this time. (In past years tents with beer and tequila were allowed)

Ongoing - Parking - cars and motorcycles will be allowed outside of the old Posada area - the rest of the beach is now no parking.

And meanwhile, Hector is going full steam ahead - as of yesterday, 23 handicap ramps have been installed starting with area around the plaza, and the streets are being cleaned every Saturday.

And if you didn't know, his office is on the plaza - corner of Hildago and Colon -

In the approx 6 years I have lived in Chapala I have seen many trash cans in many styles, plastic, metal and concrete. None have lasted very long. It is hard to tell people to keep the beaches and streets clean when there isn't anywhere to put their trash. Some containers have been installed in concrete, along the malecon but there should be some on the upper road parallel to the malecon and along Garcia Gallo to Cristiania Park. This is badly needed on Saturday night thru to late Sunday. There is a big influx of people on these days as they arrive by car, truck and the big buses. They are coming to enjoy the sand and water but then they leave all matter of trash when they go home. Could containers be distributed on Saturday afternoon in this area and picked up on Monday after they have been emptied?

In the approx 6 years I have lived in Chapala I have seen many trash cans in many styles, plastic, metal and concrete. None have lasted very long. It is hard to tell people to keep the beaches and streets clean when there isn't anywhere to put their trash. Some containers have been installed in concrete, along the malecon but there should be some on the upper road parallel to the malecon and along Garcia Gallo to Cristiania Park. This is badly needed on Saturday night thru to late Sunday. There is a big influx of people on these days as they arrive by car, truck and the big buses. They are coming to enjoy the sand and water but then they leave all matter of trash when they go home. Could containers be distributed on Saturday afternoon in this area and picked up on Monday after they have been emptied?

Hector is the delagado for Ajijic - so for this, perhaps you would want to ask the mayor of Chapala- Joaquin Huerta

Sounds like you have some good ideas - and you can contact the Chapala Gov through their website contact option - http://www.chapala.gob.mx/

would you mind writing in a different font? Yours is hard for my old to read on the website. thanks.

The trash cans attached to poles around Ajijic provided by the real estate brokers have lasted quite awhile. Most of the 200 donated are still in use. The Our Ajijic committee is actively looking to get more. They must be donated as there is no money. Do you folks who ask for them wish to donate one or two? PM me if you want to help.

All the changes around the village are being supported by individual people or organizations who want to see ramps, better sidewalks, a cleaner village,etc

Workers sent over from Chapala are doing much of the physical labor and The Our Ajijic committee is working hard to support our delegado, Hector in making Ajijic a better place by providing materials and ideas.. Step up and help.

Archived