Chapala.com Webboard

Who is also our new Delegado who is making things happen big time around town. The shoreline has been cleaned all the way from the pier to the sewage treatment plant, handicap ramps are being installed, sidewalks are being repaired, trash is being picked up, streets are being repaired.

Hector deserves our support!

Saturday mornings, 10 -12, meet local kids at the corner of Colon and Hidalgo for litter pick up.

Bring bags if you can.

Patti :)

What was the name of the Japanese? lady ,Juanita ? who was doing that project for years and years..I guess the trash continues despite trash bins being around, or do we need more bigger trash bins

Actually, we need the trash cans we have repaired and replaced where wrecked. This has been brought up with Hector's committee and they are looking for ways to get it done.

More than a minor amount of the trash on our streets is caused by people who put garbage out the night before pickup and the loose dogs, cats, rats, etc. tear open bags and scatter it.

Manix is actually owned by Manuel, Oscar, and Hector.. all brothers. Manuel ran it for many years and when ill health struck Hector took over. Now with Hector serving as our wonderful new delagado, Manuel is back to running the daily restaurant service and Hector still doing banquets and special events.

As to the clean up of the village, more people are needed to help supervise the kids so they can spread out in more directions around Ajijic. Black trash bags are needed. The kids are given hot dogs and a soda when they finish their two hour stint. Donations for that would also be welcomed.

PM me if you can help.

Also, if you would like to serve on the committee to help Hector move Ajijic forward we would be happy to have you join us. Again PM me.

A better Ajijic is up to all of us.

Archived