Chapala.com Webboard

Have you lost your GREAT DANE??? I FOUND IT, Keeping it SAFE for Owners

Once again I suspect someone in my neighborhood stole another dog. (It has happened within the last month where a Sringer Spaniel was stolen and resold)

Tonight another...Great Dane, found in the Barrio San Miguel in Chapala. This is yet another dog, that may have escaped and neighbors found it running through the neighborhood. The teens in our neighborhood caught it and knew I could post to find the owner. Great clean dog, who follows simple commands, very gentle. If no one claims, I may keep this wonderful beast!

Must describe dog via this post by owner to claim, I will also have it check for microchip at a local vet.

The dog is sleeping after eating and drinking very well.

Ask around...

There is a lady who has lots of Great Danes out your way.

Victoria? The dressage lady?

Wish I had more contact info for you!

A possible lead, tho. . .

Patti

I have not posted details just yet to insure the real owner comes forward. The dog was hungary/thirsty and dusty when found, no collar. Will check for micro chip. There has been a group here in our area stealing pure bred dogs (as told my mexican neighbors) and fear the dog may be stolen from someone. Please please ask around, and someone get in touch with lady named above.

Thank you all, we checked with the Victoria lead, and it was a no go....the dog is 1-2 years, with no micro-chip - collar. Now I can see that the dog thieves have a full bred boxer? I don't know where they are getting these dogs, once again neighbors confirming that the dogs are stolen.

The poor dane is doing well, but did belong to someone who is missing this dog! I will give the posting another 10 days, please ask around.

A simple, "Do you know anyone with a great dane at Lakeside" may just find the owner.

I'll check with some of the vets tomorrow. Anyone at the shelters know of this dog? maybe the thieves are getting them from the shelters?

The thieves approached me and asked if I wanted to BUY an AMERICAN DOG. When I was going to take pics to post the spaniel, many neighbors told me they STOLED it from an American house. I personally witness many types on dogs on the very poor neighbor's property. They are there, then not. Maybe I should not have listened to my honest & good mexican neighbors. My good mexcan neighbors only told me so I could post pics and find owners to stop this family.

The home and family are very very poor...maybe they are adopting, and then selling?

Maybe I should not have mentioned my knowledge on the post, but like others, I suggest you watch your pets!

I have checked with Victoria Lee & Dr. Pepe, still no takers or ID'd owners on this beautiful Dane.

The thieves approached me and asked if I wanted to BUY an AMERICAN DOG. When I was going to take pics to post the spaniel, many neighbors told me they STOLED it from an American house. I personally witness many types on dogs on the very poor neighbor's property. They are there, then not. Maybe I should not have listened to my honest & good mexican neighbors. My good mexcan neighbors only told me so I could post pics and find owners to stop this family.

The home and family are very very poor...maybe they are adopting, and then selling?

Maybe I should not have mentioned my knowledge on the post, but like others, I suggest you watch your pets!

I have checked with Victoria Lee & Dr. Pepe, still no takers or ID'd owners on this beautiful Dane.

Stealing purebreed dogs from yards is as common here and the other cities I visit so it is not immigrants that are targeted, it is the dogs that are targeted.

• 9 months later...

Vet in village lost his Great Dane but thankfully has him back now. I have been worried as I brought my little Chinese Crested with me and almost to a person (including the customs) everybody has asked me 'how much you pay' and 'where did you get that dog'. I feel like I have come wearing my best jewelry. In fact she is a rescue dog so just a small adoption fee but haven't seen any other Cresties here.

Have to say though that everyone has been wonderful and friendly and allowed me to bring her into restaurants and shops and made a great fuss over her. Even the village dogs have been sweet to her, no aggression at all....so far.

Taking her home for Xmas and doubt I will bring her back in January though. She loves Mexico and the sun as she has to wear a coat at home. We're heading home to snow so get out the parkas.

Dear puppy of Secheltsally:

You are at least the second Chinese Crested here. I'm number one (and make sure my human companion knows it, too). We are an adorable breed and clearly put here on Earth to make life more beautiful for the lesser creatures. Naturally, folks ask about us because we're special.

Did you know that we're the descendants of a hairless Mexican breed called Xoloizquintli? Obviously, an improvement on the original, but it's nice to be back home.

Your sister-in-beauty,

Tingting

On a more serious note, I truly hope the GD's owner claims him. It breaks my heart to see so many dogs stolen/lost/wandering/etc.

Oh, that's good news! Another Chinese Crestie here! Strange but when I moved to Sechelt (small place on an island) I put my two in Agility and FIVE Crests showed up!! They had their own little class. Unreal. Glad to hear there is another friend here, perhaps we will come face to face one of these days!! Take care out there...

Archived