Chapala.com Webboard

Can anyone recommend

Wookie

who is very good cutting very short hair (women's) and who doesn't charge an arm and a leg? Also, it would be great if the same person was also good doing color. I have had a hard time finding someone that does not mind cutting a woman's hair very short .... and if they are not interested they don't realize that the cut really matters when the hair is short!! Thanks .... Oh, I would even pay an arm and a leg if they were really good :)

Cirene has given me the best haircuts since I've lived in Mexico.

I have short hair so a good cut is important.

I always look at the hairdresser's own haircut. Hers is stylish.

Speaks very little English but a good place to practice your

Spanish.

Her information is as follows:

Ocampo #127,

Ajijic

Cel 33 1569 4768

Closed on Tuesday.

Her usual hours are 10 to 2 and then 4 to 8 but best to call first.

Also open on Sunday from 11 to 3

She cuts hair for both men and women.

I believe I paid 40 pesos the last time I was there.

People are asking me who cuts my hair all the time. Her name is Susanna. Her telephone number is: 766-5540. She is a block east of the Plaza and charges 200 pesos.

Does she speak English? I do not know enough Spanish yet to explain how I want it cut. Also does she do coloring?

I recommend Sasha of Hair by Sasha in Chapala. Easy to get there, she is close to Spencer's office. American lady, I have short hair and love the way she cuts it. So much, so, in fact, that I have not gone to anyone else in the interim and I need a haircut in the worst way ! She broke her ankle, but is back in business as of March 16th. She's a great gal, low prices and takes only 1 customer at a time.

C. Stone

I never see Yoly's recommended on the forum? Is she bad or too expensive? Or both?
Yoli is okay except she is constantly distracted. She is the owner and her employees are constantly coming to her as are customers and friends. I use to get my hair cut there and nails done. None of the workers give you their undivided attention and that is when mistakes are made. I stopped going to Edith's for the same reason. The employees of both shops are always speaking to one another while working on you. NOT okay in my opinion.

Guest verchiel

Paty! Go to Paty! She is an angel, very sensitive to your hair type, and her salon is quiet. She is quite affordable. 766 1505.

yoli doesnt pay attention when she cuts, she turns, kisses, hugs, talks while cutting. she has never cut my hair, i have just observed. as nice as she is, this could be disconcerting. it is not a tranquil place, but again if you are comfortable, thats fine.

I have decided to give Sasha a try first. Thank you to the ones that recommended her ... I visited her website that was given on this forum and really liked what I saw. She says she makes an appointment and that you are the only one there when it is your time for service. I don't know how she manages that but if she truely does ... and she does a good job, I am sold. I am one of those people that go to a salon to relax and enjoy being pampered. I, too, do not like it when whoever is working on me is always distracted and talking to someone else. I don't even want to be talked to myself ... I just want to zone out. I went to Yoly's several many times when we first moved here and found that she was plenty busy enough without my business. I quit Edith because there was no way to even begin to relax when one person was doing you pedicure at the same time another was doing your manicure and Edith was putting color in your hair at the same time ... this all going on while everyone was talking to everyone else. Too much activity for me :)

Archived