Chapala.com Webboard

Telecable

Telecable offers four services: analog TV (channels 2 through 75, Digital TV, channels 100 through 999, internet, and Telephone (VoIP). Which service is out?

I only subscribe to two of the services and they work fine; Analog and digital TV, here in upper Ajijic

Email the boss on this page http://www.telecable.net.mx/contactoGte.aspx

Seems to get action fast

Telecable offers four services: analog TV (channels 2 through 75, Digital TV, channels 100 through 999, internet, and Telephone (VoIP). Which service is out?

I only subscribe to two of the services and they work fine; Analog and digital TV, here in upper Ajijic

Curious as to why you didn't choose to go with their phone and internet service? We are trying to make that decision. We are questioning whether we actually need a landline whether Telecable's internet might be more consistent that TelMex?

Thanks for input,

Carol

I have called them three times and each time they tell me it will be fixed later that day. I have just got off the phone with them and they assured me that it will be fixed this afternoon. If you are going to hold your breath, make sure you have Cruz Roja's number close by.

I have followed Spencer's advice and have contacted the boss. We shall see.

Right now, new have Internet and PopTV (the most basic). We were going to upgrade to digital TV, but not sure if this is the level of service we can expect. Is this typical or is it just bad luck that I happened to sign-up a few weeks ago?

I saw Telecable working on lines on Guadalupe Victoria yesterday and the day before. It has even affected my service in Riberas. Hopefully when the work is done it'll get better. Overall I've had great service from Telecable for the year plus I've had them.

We're in lower Chula Vista and have really had no choice but to have Telecable for internet as Telmex speeds in this area (no matter what you pay for <_< ) are less than 2MB. We have TV and phone throught them as well but will soon cut back to just internet.

When things are working, which is most of the time, even their slowest speed is 5MB and you get that except sometimes on weekends or evenings when, presumably, the volume of kids on Facebook and video games taxes the system. When you have an outage (maybe 5-10 minutes on a typical day but up to a couple of days when they are working on the lines or having other problems) you really have no choice but to go to their office in Riberas (9-6 M-S, closed 2-3 for comida) and report it. The "local" phone number you call does not ring here and IF they do answer they won't be able to help.

In most areas at Lakeside Telmex is much more reliable and their lousy customer service looks like state-of-the-art compared to Telecable. English-language TV on Telecable is limited and unpredictable. The phone works great when the internet is on, not at all otherwise. We finally decided to bag the Telecable TV and phone and have both Telecable internet and Telmex TV/internet (basic 389 peso paquette) just to have phone and internet that work.

After not being able to complain on line, or get them on phone, I went there this morning, and was told we would have service after 3 this after noon, nothing yet, I told them if I did not service tomorrow I would come in and cancel my account with them, I went for 10 years without tv, and I have a large library of books I have not read.....And in Mex City I have cable, I will watch my TV there...

Archived