Chapala.com Webboard

GOING BLIND AND NEEDS HELP & INFORMATION (MY NEIGHBOR)

Have a neighbor who suddenly lost vision in one eye..(perhaps a blood vessel burst, or had an eye stroke). Surgery is scheduled for this week, or he will permanently loose his vision all together.

Are there groups/foundations in or around Lakeside like LIONS CLUB, Rotary International, or any other group that donates funds for such surgeries? (He needs a remaining portion of the funds, surgery is $2500.00 US )

He is a Mexican fellow who probably has done a number of jobs for Americans here. He was gainfully employed all of his life in construction, so he's prideful in asking for help.

Anyone who has experience with the Guadalajara eye hospital or eye surgeons locally, please chime in.

Time is running low, all suggestions appreciated! Only or day or 2 to get him help! or he looses his site and ability to work forever.

Contact the Hospital para Evitar la Ceguera en México. http://apec.org.mx/ This hospital is in Mexico City, but the goal of the work there is to prevent blindness and to offer needed ophthalmology services on a sliding scale. The services and physicians, all ophthalmologists, are state-of-the-art. If nothing else the hospital will be able to refer you and your friend to the right place in Guadalajara. Call today, someone will answer and help you.

Can he sign up for Seguro Popular and maybe they can cover it? I will do his signup for free.

I have been told that the Red Cross in Guadalajara (near Parque Morelos) has an EXCELLENT (woman) eye doctor. She helpt a Mexican friend of mine recover her eye sight at age 70, while she had been with the best doctors in the US and central America (without luck there) and they had all given her the wrong information/treatment.

Very reasonable prices also.

I do not recall her name but I am sure that if he goes there, it will not be too hard to find her.

Rony

I have had sudden loss of sight in both eyes, at different times, due to detatched retinas. It is serious and immediate surgery is indicated. My retinologist is Dr.Enrique Roig and he can be contacted through Clinica Santa Lucia in Guadalajara or by e-mail: enriqueroig@retina.com.mx

Act fast!

Archived