Chapala.com Webboard

Cleaning Ajijic Beach Area

A friend of mine visited Ajijic delegado recently to protest the clearing of the beach for car parking. Reason being this extra space will bring Tapito , cars and boom boxes. Any pro or con feed back from other local residents

THAT'S why they are cleaning the beach along the malecon???? OMG! Are you sure?

I saw the trucks yesterday - doesn't make sense that there will be parking where they were cleaning and dumping sand - as i don't think a road accessed where they were working........

So my two cents is - really strange place for parking - as no place for cars to get where they were cleaning yesterday - unless of course one wanted to drive along the sand or through a field - which is what one truck was doing.

Looks like bad rumor hopefully

This picture was taken Wednesday

DSC03696.jpg

there is a plan to address parking,but, not by parking on the beach. The effort to create a beach area for Ajijic is for pedestrian use.

A friend of mine visited Ajijic delegado recently to protest the clearing of the beach for car parking. Reason being this extra space will bring Tapito , cars and boom boxes. Any pro or con feed back from other local residents

Was not his campain moto to make Ajijic more alive? Not peaceful and safe .This wil do it. Mexicans love boom boxes. Bringing more Tapatios from Guadalajara might be what he wants. It will bring more money to town.

I sit on the committee that has met with the delegado and has heard his plans. Any idea that this area is being cleared for parking is totally false. Hector's idea is to make it a place for people to use, not cars. He envisioned a beach, and the rocks and debris is not in this vision.

Hector has many plans for his town, and it would be of value for all the citizens here to find a way to meet with him to listen to his vision. The road is tough, and he intends to lead it.

Look at the improvement in the streets in town, with repairs, or the new ramps around town. Before we look for hidden agendas, it is for all the people who live here to understand what is going on.

I sit on the committee that has met with the delegado and has heard his plans. Any idea that this area is being cleared for parking is totally false. Hector's idea is to make it a place for people to use, not cars. He envisioned a beach, and the rocks and debris is not in this vision.

Hector has many plans for his town, and it would be of value for all the citizens here to find a way to meet with him to listen to his vision. The road is tough, and he intends to lead it.

Look at the improvement in the streets in town, with repairs, or the new ramps around town. Before we look for hidden agendas, it is for all the people who live here to understand what is going on.

excellent news. will benefit the town and residents.

It never ceases to amaze me how many expats complain about things but never step forward to help solve the problems.

The beach clearing is only a few days old and already some yahoo visited the delegacion to complain about something he knew nothing about. Where was he or the other complainers when I posted on here and on 2 other forums saying that at Hector's request I was formiing a committee to assist him in his plans to move Ajijic forward and asked people to volunteer. Their hands never went up.

Have you noticed how much cleaner it looks around town> kids are cleaning up every Saturday morning from 10 until 12. Adult supervisors are needed so that more territory can be covered. Let me know if you can spend two hours once a week or if we have enough volunteers we can rotate the adults. This is an easy way to make a fantastic difference in Ajijic.

One of our committee members has visitors at the present time. They commented on how clean Ajijic is.

Between the graffiti clean-up ythat has cleaned walls, the now moribund Ajijic Limpio that put up trash cans around the community and now with the kids doing pick up on the streets the change is amazing. It doesn't happen in a vaccuum. Stop complaining and help out. We need you.

I lived on one of the northsouth streets running into the park. There is a before and after situation. Before the Malicon was finished we use to watch the fluids in our drinks dance to the ten big car stereos playing at once. After the Malicon was finished the cops put an end to the mayhem but even in the bad old days it was always shut down by ten or someone would call the cops and they would shut it down. They do a pretty good job policing the noise now but it is a good time place. I trust the cops will keep it civil in the new areas.

Happy Feet. FYI. San Antonio has a very large malecon with families activities. There is no "car park". Not sure where you came up with this incorrect info.

Oh dear, its not a car park ! I just assumed it was as on thurs evening there were at least 8 cars parked on it. Someone else apart from me thinks it is a car park... or until its something else. I walked there. I hope there is no car park on either of the beaches.

From the horse's mouth..section west of Yves will be car park (30pesos?), section east of Yves, picnic area

If I remember correctly (and it gets worse every year) there used to be parking on the east side of the pier but they closed the area off for cars because of the late parties. (In that time the restaurant was Robertos not Yves) .So unless there will be some gates to control it at night it might be an invitation again. I do not think that 30 pesos will be a deterrent for a car full of kids.But that spot is is a good place to have parking because of the many businesses in the area. 30 pessos per day is not outrageous for a family from Guadalajara to enjoy a day by the lake.

Guest verchiel

Last year people camped down there for Semanas Santas and Pasquas. One of the guys at the permanent shack on that land said they're just smoothing it out so people can use it for that again. Another guy said someone wanted to plant some corn down there. Who knows? I suppose however the Mexican people want to use that land - which is ejido (public) land - is how they'll use it.

Last year people camped down there for Semanas Santas and Pasquas. One of the guys at the permanent shack on that land said they're just smoothing it out so people can use it for that again. Another guy said someone wanted to plant some corn down there. Who knows? I suppose however the Mexican people want to use that land - which is ejido (public) land - is how they'll use it.

Ejido land? I think you'll find it is Federal land.

At least two people on this thread have posted the intentions of el delgado Hector. I tend to believe the the front end of the horse rather than the hind end. BTW, thank you Islander for the pic - it looks fine - hope El Delegado can get more things accomplished.

Last year people camped down there for Semanas Santas and Pasquas. One of the guys at the permanent shack on that land said they're just smoothing it out so people can use it for that again. Another guy said someone wanted to plant some corn down there. Who knows? I suppose however the Mexican people want to use that land - which is ejido (public) land - is how they'll use it.[/quote

In the 17 years I have been living here, there have always been people camping out on the beach during Semana Santa and Pascua.

Archived