Chapala.com Webboard

U.S. Mail Courier Service at L.C.S.

I have dropped off several notes and postcards over this past month stamped and ready to be mailed in the U.S. While at L.C.S. yesterday, the Volunteer told me that no one had stopped by to pick up the mail and take it to the U.S. in over a month!

This is one of the services I really rely on through L.C.S. When it was suggested that they send out a general e-mail to all of the members to remind them to stop by and pick up the "mail bag" when traveling by car or air to the U.S. the Volunteer explained that she didn't know if the e-mail addresses could be used for that purpose.

So...this is my reminder to those L.C.S. members who are headed NOB, PLEASE swing by and pick up the mail to drop off at the most convenient U.S. Postal location. They need couriers!

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

Valerie :)

When I go to the States I always bring back more than I take, so I always have room in my luggage. I take all the mail the LCS has. The last mail to go out of the LCS was Feb. 8, and that was only one bag. I've had outgoing mail sitting at the LCS since January.

An announcement was made at the LCS annual mtg. yesterday asking for volunteers.

For my clients we can send stuff to the US for mailing out with our semi regular Fedex shipments, so please ask us. We should have a fedex going soon to California and our person there can deposit in the mail.

Great! Thanks for the info. and the help. I agree that L.C.S. should allow "non members" to courier the mail NOB. While I realize that an announcement was made at the General Meeting, I understand very few members were actually there. I was hoping to get the word out and help remind people to please swing by and pick up the mail when heading NOB.

Thanks again,

Great! Thanks for the info. and the help. I agree that L.C.S. should allow "non members" to courier the mail NOB. While I realize that an announcement was made at the General Meeting, I understand very few members were actually there. I was hoping to get the word out and help remind people to please swing by and pick up the mail when heading NOB.

Thanks again,

Ask Terry Vidal to put a notice in the LCS newsletter every month(!) This was a service that used to be highly valued by LCS members, but it's fallen off greatly. Members who are travelling back to the States need to be reminded to help carry mail back.

Lexy

you can also use mailboxes etc. for 45 pesos you can have the letter flown to texas, then mailed by postal. they picked up my letter on wensday last weekaroud 1pm, my bank received the envelope the following thursday. that was 8 days total turn around time. its one day to fly it over, then about 1 or 2 more days untill they bring it to the PO in texas. then the mailing time, never failed. the chapala soc was good w/the mail over xmas, but i guess that has changed. for something important i would go another route.

ALL the mail went out today - twice. This was a longer span than normal... Usually every week and sometimes several times.

I wouldn't say that it's fallen off greatly. Seems to be about the same amount of mail as in past years.

Thanks Valerie for sending out this reminder here. During the holidays in November and December the mail was going out on a regular basis, but now there aren't as many people traveling north and/or people forget to ask. Out of sight out of mind! I know the people who rely on this service are grateful for the mention here.

Archived