Chapala.com Webboard

Water Quality - Upper Riberas

mkshawn

We are having issues with incredible amounts of fine silt in our water filters. This after more than a year of excellent quality water. We had our aljibe cleaned about 8 weeks ago, very very little sediment, I could still see the bottom of the aljibe when we we were half way up an 8ft depth.

Changed the primary sediment filter after 4 weeks use, 10 days later no pressure again. It was as bad as the older filter that had been in use for 2 months prior to the cleaning. This filter is the 10" x 4 1/2" BB filter: Red end Caps, Polyester media. Do not know the micron rating. Anyone have knowledge of Simapa's current well/pumping deployment? Something has changed or did a valve get left in a closed/open position after a maintenance cycle. When the new well went on line last year(???), we were finally blessed with cleaner water. Have Simapa changed something? All info appreciated!

Ouch! 4 days, ugly! Not knowing if the low pressure is before or after your filters, you might consider a cleaning or replacement. We have returned to Normal after a filter cleaning today.

By the way, I bottled the water and silt from the filter canister. Now that the silt has settled you can clearly see that its alive with visible swimmers? Some eating, chasing others?

I hate to say this, but this water looks similar to the lake water I see them watering the grass at small blue malecon east, towards Chapala.

Ouch! 4 days, ugly! Not knowing if the low pressure is before or after your filters, you might consider a cleaning or replacement. We have returned to Normal after a filter cleaning today.

By the way, I bottled the water and silt from the filter canister. Now that the silt has settled you can clearly see that its alive with visible swimmers? Some eating, chasing others?

I hate to say this, but this water looks similar to the lake water I see them watering the grass at small blue malecon east, towards Chapala.

If the water quality is that bad maybe if you could take a sample to the SIMAPA office and find out what are the problems

What sort of tests would SIMAPA perform? Just a check for silt or also bacteria/water quality? We also have silt in our system in Rancho del Oro (a rental) that clogs up the kitchen tap especially, and if we use the jacuzzi, it means sitting on a fine layer of sand and perhaps damaging the pump. Yuck.

Archived