Chapala.com Webboard

elbelgicano banned for posting info about Riberas Murder

Mad_Max

rony is probably relieved to be kicked off the board. i can only speculate how someone of his fine character would feel in the face of an action such as this that is so inane.

maybe it is time to post elsewhere and maybe it is time to vary the boards we read, this web board is not the end all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local crime reporting will be allowed as long as it's fact and not rumor and the thread stays on topic.This webboard is supposed to accept verified crime reports, according to its stated rules in the pinned "Reporting of crimes - as of May 14th" Local crime reporting will be allowed as long as it's fact and not rumor and the thread stays on topic.

Elbelgicano did not violate those rules by reporting the incident. He should not be banned.

If other posters on that thread strayed into rumour and speculation, then their posts could have been deleted and they could have been warned. But banning Elbelgicano for reporting an actual incident is not fair and it is not justified by the forum rules as posted by the moderators.

Please, dear moderators, unban Elbelgicano!

Helper Guy was at my house working on my computer recently, and had just been banned. And explained the whole thing to me. Another inane action. Some people have found him helpful, some maybe not. but he was also a great asset.

Who's next,maybe Intercasa?? This is terrible and demoralizing.

Maybe I will have to "ban myself" from using this anymore.

I agree, please "Un-Ban" Rony. He's a wealth of local info. and has proven very helpful in many situations.

:)

The expats need to know what is going on and as Rony speaks some spanish he is more aware than most of what is going on in our community. The whole of Mexico has now to rely on the grapevine or social networks to find out what is really happening with crime.The PRI is cutting down the reporting of crime as is our webboard.

Please let Rony back and the reporting of crime. It helps us to make wise decisions about our safety in the area.

I belong to other forums, but still come here first. I agree that a private warning to Belgicano and deletion of the offending post should have fulfilled the Board's owners' rules. Of course, there may be more that we don't know. Still, I'll join the others in asking that he be unbanned.

Members are never unbanned. To do so for one person would open up a can of worms for everyone else who was ever banned, I suppose. As for me, I've been banned twice. Once for advising someone where to find good rentals, and another for promoting my website. They usually don't give you any warning, but they do give you a reason. Solution? Get a new user name and start again.

Not correct. Members can be unbanned so long as they are suspended and not deleted.

This action was not taken by any moderator. It came from above.

I guess you mean from Coldwell Banker. In this day and age when EVERYTHING is available to everyone online, they are doing a great disservice to their readers by blacking out the truth. This is Big Brother at its worst and protecting its profit line. This is no way to conduct a business. HONESTY AND INTEGRITY RULE!

I don't think Rony deserved even a warning. He did everything right, according to the book, imo. I do think this forum is already suffering from too stringent moderation. I know my husband no longer reads or posts here. I think it is in the best interests of the board owners and members alike to unban Rony. He is a very decent human being and an asset to all of us.

Not correct. Members can be unbanned so long as they are suspended and not deleted.This action was not taken by any moderator. It came from above.

Not correct. Members can be unbanned so long as they are suspended and not deleted.This action was not taken by any moderator. It came from above.

That's certainly vague--hmmm mm...

I am aware of a crime that I cannot discuss, because I was instructed not to. It came from above.

I guess you mean from Coldwell Banker. In this day and age when EVERYTHING is available to everyone online, they are doing a great disservice to their readers by blacking out the truth. This is Big Brother at its worst and protecting its profit line. This is no way to conduct a business. HONESTY AND INTEGRITY RULE!

I just got a demerit point for posting the above...it was called ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR by Moderator-3.

Archived