Chapala.com Webboard

DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP - FIRST MEETING

Dr.Santiago

Time: Tuesday Feb. 26th, 2013 at 10 a.m.

Place: Private residence in Ajijic

If you haven't RSVP'd me at CHAPALAMED@gmail.com, please do so and I will provide the address and directions.

Information/Itinerary -

This will be the first of hopefully many and regular DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP meetings.

At this meeting there will be no sales pitch or solicitation of any sort from anybody, including myself, Dr. Hernandez.

My role will be a support role to educate and clarify any information that a diabetic patient and his/her loved ones should know.

I plan to speak for about 30-45 minutes. I plan to give a brief overview of what diabetes is, it's course, it's complications and how to prevent or curb the progress of such complications.

I will then open the floor to questions that anybody may have and try to answer them as best as I can. I will have to limit this to about 15 minutes.

I will then open the floor to those whom have faced and overcome challenges that a diabetic may have encountered since moving to the Lake Chapala area.

I will provide some refreshments such as diet soft drinks etc.

What to bring:

1. Notebook or Pad and Pencil

2. List of questions and/or challenges

3. Open mind and positive attitude.

I will then close the meeting at 11:30 sharp. I would not like to impose on our gracious guest. I would take suggestions as to how often the group will like to meet.

I will stress that this will not be Dr. Hernandez's (Chapala Med's) group. My role will be only to provide support, education and guidance.

It will be up to it';s members to decide how often to meet and perhaps on future venues etc.

I hope you can make it and I look forward to seeing you there and please forward this information to anybody whom you feel may benefit from such a meeting.

Warm regards,

Santiago Hernandez M.D.

Thanks to all who attended. I am glad you all took a step forward to learning more about diabetes and improving your health and well-being.

I look forward to supporting the group more in the future. Hopefully we can get the group to grow a bit more.

I'm at your service, as always.

Archived