Chapala.com Webboard

Buying Aerobus airline tickets locally

micnsu

We are wondering if there is a local place we can buy Aerobus airline tickets. We've tried multiple times online and our card is declined every time. Called the bank and they said there shouldn't be any problems...but it is a US based card. Their site won't take our Bancomer debit card either. This happened to us last year and ended up having a friend with a Mexican credit card run the purchase for us and then we paid her back. But she's in Thailand now. :)

Any suggestions? We don't know how to make this happen and the tickets on the flights we're looking at are being snatched up.

I had a similar problem attempting to buy a Volaris ticket some years ago before I got a Mexican credit card. After making the reservation I called the airline and they gave me an account number that I could deposit the cost of the tickets at HSBC. While it was a pain, it did allow me to complete the purchase.

Having a Mexican Visa card with an adequate limit (not always easy to achieve) eliminates a lot of these sorts of problems.

The TAP (busses) counter at Walmart sells them. I went there about a month ago (with cash).

Rony

The VivaAerobus site is definitely fickle. I've had problems charging tickets to my US credit card, but I've also succeeded doing it on the site a couple of times. It's wonky. As mentioned above, they also offer a "pay in cash at HSBC" option (which, true to VivaAerobus form, they charge a fee to do).

VivaAerobus makes the purchase/payment process a pain, but other than that, I've been happy with them. They sure have good fares (especially when you manage to opt out of all the little extras, etc. That also takes a bit of work and persistence.).

Yes, thank you for the TAP tip. Went there this morning and got the tickets we needed. Note that they only take cash and count on at least one of the ATMs at the front of Walmart to be out of order. ;)

Never got the Aerobus site to take our card, even after phone calls to the bank. But I think we may have come out ahead by buying in person.

I buy Aerobus on a regular basis and I do not have a credit card and they will not accept debit card BUT you can pay in Banamex or OXXo and I have done that as well. I have paid for 19 tickets at OXXo on the carretera, not all OXXo can take the scanned copy and I have also found that sometimes the OXXO scan does not work so I have found that the easiest way to do it is to go and pay at Banamex. a few days after you have paid at Banamex go to MI VUELO and print your confirmation and your boarding pass if you want to.

I just did it again a couple of weeks ago, nothing to it.

Archived