Chapala.com Webboard

The little electeonic store which was located on the carratera in Ajijic on South side kinda of caddy corner to the Oxxo and Intercam, has now relocated to the Magaña strip center, on the East half of the strip in the direction of Mexico Rustico..

They are not getting walk-by customers so don't know how they can stay afloat. If any of you need anything related to electronics please remember to go to this shop. They carry the biggest and least expensive assortment of batteries anywhere...including the tianguis. They always seem to have whatever item anyone needs.

Perhaps they could make up a little flyer and leaflet people in the plaza and at the Tianguis and around the Colon/Carretera intersection. Wouldn't have to be expensively done and it could let people know that they've moved and what sort of things they stock. I'm another who wondered where they went. I always found what I needed there.

And sadly from the directions, I don't know where the "Magaña strip center" nor the "Mexico Rustico" are. Could someone please help me a little with the directions. Yes I checked in the latest Chapala Directory and found nothing. Thanks.

And sadly from the directions, I don't know where the "Magaña strip center" nor the "Mexico Rustico" are. Could someone please help me a little with the directions. Yes I checked in the latest Chapala Directory and found nothing. Thanks.

I'm sure they're talking about the stores around restaurant Magaña. Just before Telecable heading east on the lake side.

I was going to say, I walked 3 times up and down that strip from Cafe Magana to Rustico and the pizza place and only saw the electrical store and they and the computer guy were not open yesterday at 10:15am, so I guess I will be heading to the plaza.

There are 3 stores being discussed is this thread

The old "Sony" store on the carretera (across from OXXO) is now Tortillaria de Harina

Gonzalez Electric, which used to be on the carretera between Calles Galeana and Javier Mina is the store AutumnDreams referred to in the original post that has moved to Riberas and is near Café Magaña.

The store at the plaza, that we gringos refer to as "The Dollar Store", has been there for over a decade and has not changed it's location or name, to my knowledge - they have a large inventory of batteries.

There are 3 stores being discussed is this thread

The old "Sony" store on the carretera (across from OXXO) is now Tortillaria de Harina

Gonzalez Electric, which used to be on the carretera between Calles Galeana and Javier Mina is the store AutumnDreams referred to in the original post that has moved to Riberas and is near Café Magaña.

The store at the plaza, that we gringos refer to as "The Dollar Store", has been there for over a decade and has not changed it's location or name, to my knowledge - they have a large inventory of batteries.

The old Sony store is now on the Plaza in Ajijic, just east of the dollar store.

Archived