Chapala.com Webboard

Does anyone ship a car to States

Bigrig1919

30 years ago I shipped a 6 week old broken Chevy Pickup from Mexico DF back to dealer in Laredo. I can't remember the charge but it wasn't bad for a 24+hour tow. I was required to meet it in Nuevo Laredo to get it across the border. We flew to Nuevo Laredo and walked across to the Posada Hotel. In those days the vehicle was actually put on your visa and you were not allowed to leave with out it. We just drifted out of airport avoiding INM desk and caught a cab to downtown and then walked across like the hundreds of day trippers. The grua guys called later and we took a US wrecker over and picked it up and towed it to the dealer. The Mexican wrecker couldn't take across the border. Talk to the big commercial wrecker company on the Careterra north of Ixtlahuacan on the west side of the road. Also talk to a trucking company about a flatbed but finding a place to unload it will be difficult unless they have a rollback. PS General Motors did pay both the tow and repair.

Need to know if anyone or Company will ship a vehicle from here to Texas. I'm trying to buy a Canadian plated car that is located here and needs to get it back to the States for replating and it needs engine repair so cannot be driven.

Maybe the first thing you need to do is check to see if you can replate the car in the US.

Maybe the first thing you need to do is check to see if you can replate the car in the US.

You will, in effect, be importing the car into the US from Canada. Check this out carefully in terms of duties, taxes, safety inspections, etc. -- just the same as importing a car into Canada from the US.

You will need to build these costs into your price and possession date for the purchaser as it will undoubtedly cause some delay--whether some of the paperwork can be done ahead of time or not.

Bob

Need to know if anyone or Company will ship a vehicle from here to Texas. I'm trying to buy a Canadian plated car that is located here and needs to get it back to the States for replating and it needs engine repair so cannot be driven.

Call Robert Burns at 106-0634. He imported our Canadian plated car to the US for us without having to take the car out of here. We now have Washington plates and the car is registered in the US. He is a retired auto importer/exporter and knows the ropes.

Call Robert Burns at 106-0634. He imported our Canadian plated car to the US for us without having to take the car out of here. We now have Washington plates and the car is registered in the US. He is a retired auto importer/exporter and knows the ropes.

Sailor

I tried that phone # and it wouldn't ring. Do I need to add more numbers?

Archived