Chapala.com Webboard

I Need a New Printer Scanner

Fox

Suggestions for a Printer Scanner would be appreciated. Doesn't need to be for photos, just a reliable one will do. We bought an Epson at Office Depot in Guadalajara and didn't have very good luck with it.

Thanks in advance,

Fox

We bought one last year. I'm cheap so I went to a couple of ink refill shops and asked their advice as to which was the easiest cartridge to refill. At the time it was the hp60, so I went hunting for a printer that used these. It has worked out well, I now refill them myself.

Some types of ink cartridge cannot be refilled and it gets expensive at 350 pesos or so a pop.

Suggestions for a Printer Scanner would be appreciated. Doesn't need to be for photos, just a reliable one will do. We bought an Epson at Office Depot in Guadalajara and didn't have very good luck with it.

Thanks in advance,

Fox

We purchased an Epson L210 for the chili cook off. It is equipped with an ink tank system and a complete refill of all four colors costs less than 400.00 pesos. At 2700.00 pesos it is a little costly but for us it is much cheaper than ink cartridges. Each ink tank takes about 60ml. I think one refill of ink prints about 6000 pages.

This is very helpful info. Lakeview, how much did the printer cost that uses the hp60.? and where can i find one.

thanks.

Its an HP model D110 bought at Walmart for approx pesos 1200, but that was sometime ago. I think I saw the same printer at Souriana for pesos 950 or thereabouts. I used to pay 50 pesos for the refills, but I do it myself now. Later I bought the HP60XL ones from Amazon, these hold twice the ink and simply last longer. This printer uses two cartidges a B&W and a color one.

Take my first advice, go to a couple of local ink refill shops and ask them which is the best/easiest/longest lifetime ink cartridge for them to refill. It may have well changed to a different brand and it might correspond to be a cheaper printer/scanner too.

If you print alot get a more expensive printer as the ink will be cheaper. If you just print once in a while get a cheap printer but understand ink will be expensive. It is one way or another. More expensive printers have seperate printheads and individual ink supplies which lower the cost of the ink. Do you really think that $100USD printer/scanner/fax machine has any profit built into it? No they make there money when they sell you ink.

Archived