Chapala.com Webboard

need recommendation for visa issues

Serenity6

Hello. I am here on a tourist/FM3 visa, which will expire in several months. If possible, I'd like to change it to a visa which will permit me to stay longer (I am not seeking to work here) without having to leave the country every six months. Can someone recommend an English speaking person/attorney/whomever can legally help with this/etc. that can assist in this process without charging an arm and a leg?

If you can only stay for 6 months, you have a visitors or old FMM, not an FM3 or tourist papers which allow you a year at which time you have to renew. If you have the visitor one, you will have to leave the country and apply in your home country for the temporary resident card.

I highly recommend Spencer at 376-765-7553. His staff all speaks English and are very knowledgable and nice.

• 2 years later...

There is an excellent attorney for legal services that we have known and worked with for years. He is ethical and competent and does your work right away. He was also a former official with immigration services in Guadalajara. He also volunteers at LCS one day each week. His name is Alvaro Becerra (333-201-3123) His firm is Becerra and Galindo Legal Services. You will be thankful that you have this man on your side. Rob and Bonnie

Im still here and going strong, have an office fully staffed Monday through Friday so come in anytime, no need to find me on my only day in town.

Archived