Chapala.com Webboard

Where to make 8 x 10 photo enlargements

Since it appears that WALMART's photo enlargement is down for an extended period (it has been out of service for at least a week), I was wondering where I might have 8 x 10 or larger photo enlargements made in a reasonably short time. (Unless I badly misunderstood, Farmacia Guadalajara said they could make 8 x 10s in 10 days!). (Note: Kodak Kiosks, which formerly made 8 x 10s, no longer make prints larger that 6 x 8. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

And, I'm not much better, but as a totally different medium there is a place in Chapala just W of the main intersection that can do prints on canvas and I had a large 2'X2.5' done and it was great, so while not an 8X10, if you ever want a portrait size on canvas, it's worth checking out.

Very helpful.

Sorry, just sharing your frustration.

Having given up on ink-jet printer refill/replacement costs, I have counted on those Kodak machines the last few years. We were inundated with promises of "a new future of photo printing at our fingertips" when these started hitting the stores and putting small printing shops out of business. Now Kodak, spiraling every faster into obsolescence, is killing our options along with themselves.

While not lakeside, there's an excellent Lab in GDL. If you are familiar with Chapultepec, you go from the Ninos Heroes Glorietta and continue along Chapultepec 'til you get to Vallarta. Take an illegal Left onto Vallarta and the Photo Lab is immediately on our right. There's a parking lot right there on your right. They have do-it-yourself machines as well as a basic lab. Their prices are very good as is their quality.

Valerie :)

• 1 year later...

Archived