Chapala.com Webboard

Mike the Mechanic

dcstroker

Does anyone have a better phone # or e-mail address for Mike the Mechanic? What I have is:

phone # 045-333-846-9983

e-mail mrfixitright@ymail.com

I've tried to call him the last 3 days and only get a busy signal and he doesn't answer my e-mails. I have some work for him but not if I can't get a hold of him.

I love my mechanic,Alan. He speaks perfect English. He is very knowledgable. He is not the cheapest, but the cheapest guys just about ruined my car. He lives in Chapala (near the tiangis). He is honest and kind. I don't live far, so he has been willing to come pick up my VW for repairs and return it to me. Very convenient.

Alan 33-11-76-97-33

kbiohio

I have found Salvador to be expensive, and to charge high prices for replacing stuff instead of "mending" as the Mexicans do. I didn't care much for Mike either, he kept saying our fairly new Nissan Platina was a piece of rubbish and we ought to sell it and get a Volkswagon! I think it's better to take your car to a main dealer/mechanic in Guad, they have all the tools, all the equipment, the computerized diagnosis, and when we took our car to the Nissan dealer they were quick,

efficient and inxpensive. We used to have a Dodge truck, and we found it was always better here in Mexico to take it to the main dealer.

I have found Salvador to be expensive, and to charge high prices for replacing stuff instead of "mending" as the Mexicans do. I didn't care much for Mike either, he kept saying our fairly new Nissan Platina was a piece of rubbish and we ought to sell it and get a Volkswagon! I think it's better to take your car to a main dealer/mechanic in Guad, they have all the tools, all the equipment, the computerized diagnosis, and when we took our car to the Nissan dealer they were quick,

efficient and inxpensive. We used to have a Dodge truck, and we found it was always better here in Mexico to take it to the main dealer.

I agree 100%

I've had good luck with Escaleras. I plan to use them and only them. The last two mechanics I had In GDL were fodder for a long winded stand up comedy routine. It's only in hind sight that I would find it funny now. At the time it was time-consuming and utterly nerve-wracking.

Just so you know your Nissan Platina is not a Nissan but a Renault with Nissan Badges on them. Nissan has sold a couple of french cars here that way and yes I am sure the Nissan Dealer could fix them. But they are very different from the normal Nissan Tsuru/Versa/sentra cars made and sold here.

Archived