Chapala.com Webboard

Moving From Oregon - Looking for house share w/pet lover?

I am looking to meet someone in the Lake area who would like to share their house, with enclosed yard.

I am a 43 yr. old female, retired teacher with Fibromyalgia and SAD and need to move from the Oregon Coast to a warmer/drier climate. I love gardening, cooking and animals. I have a few pets that are my babies, I can't leave them behind

I have a very small fixed income, so I need to find a great person/persons to share with-

It would be great to find someone already established in the community, that could help me get started.

Any help or words of wisdom would be great-

acwauer@yahoo.com

Thanks

I think you might want to look at the new immigration laws. I don't think you'll qualify to get into the country with a low income.

According to the head of immigration in Chapala if you want to stay her permanently you must apply at the consulate in the US and:

"the requirement at 2013 rates is statements proving monthly income of $25,904 pesos"

I would recomend to come on visitor's visa (6 months) first to see if you will even like it here.

Good thinking, but that doesn't get past the need to qualify under the new rules to stay here permanently.

It would also be helpful to know what kind of pets the lady wants to bring with her. 3 birds, cats, mastiffs??? Also, house sharing is a big challenge for most people, as opposed to renting something independently.

There are many rentals here that are very reasonably priced. You may find you do not need to share. I agree with the others. Come down and take a look.

I also recommend that you take a look at Patricia Walker's blog: Mexico Daily Living. It is an excellent one and there will be much in it that will interest you. She is a single woman, living on a fixed, modest income.

Archived