Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a good doctor in Ajijic area - any recommendations

Flowers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a coincedence, I was going to meet Dra. Lupita for the first time this morning. They called first to delay, and then to move the appointment - the Doctor was attending to an elderly patient who then had some sort of medical emergency in the clinic - she stayed with the lady, possibly all day if necessary, to make sure she got the care she needed. I thought, now that's a doctor I would like on my side! $300 pesos for consultario isn't really that bad.

I must also recommend Integrity Medical on the Libramiento - 766-5154 - The receptionist is Ana - Dr. Lupita Cevallos has many wonderful Doctors that come in from Guad, all top notch. All speak English - Dr. Lupita is now our GP after using several others here at Lakeside we have found her to be the best for us. I have my Gastroenterologist (Dr. Valenzuela), my Orthopedic Dr. (Dr. Reyna), my Gynecologist (Dr. Illiana Ramos) all with Integrity. The office is convenient with easy parking. We could not be more pleased with this medical group.

i go to dr. leon. he has helped me like no one else has. but as any dr. goes, you need to consider his options. he is really respectful of patients & their choices, even if you say "no". he dosnt have a big ego, & is a more americanized.

I also have to say that Integrity Medical - Dr. Lupita is well known for her caring, knowledge, and for the well known Doctors that she brings to her Medical Center. She is also known for her emergency and home visits and dedication to her patients.

I have used several of the so called well known Doctors in the area (that I used for years, and yes thought highly of them until they messed up big time with my health), and have decided that Integrity is the Medical center that I want to use.

I must also recommend Integrity Medical on the Libramiento - 766-5154 - The receptionist is Ana - Dr. Lupita Cevallos has many wonderful Doctors that come in from Guad, all top notch. All speak English - Dr. Lupita is now our GP after using several others here at Lakeside we have found her to be the best for us. I have my Gastroenterologist (Dr. Valenzuela), my Orthopedic Dr. (Dr. Reyna), my Gynecologist (Dr. Illiana Ramos) all with Integrity. The office is convenient with easy parking. We could not be more pleased with this medical group.

I second this. Dr. Iliana is my GYN and I adore her.

Yup...me too. Dr. Lupita at the Integrity clinic on the Libramiento right by the Pemex Station. I didn't know they had a gyn, so that's good news.

Dr. Iliana Ramos is by far the best Gyn that I have been to since living here for almost 7 years. What I like about Integrity is the consistency of the Doctors that are a part of Integrity.

Dr. Santiago Hernandez 331 605 9645, 765-7777, younger, perfect English, studied and worked in hospitals in the US and Mexico with licenses to pratice in both countries, prepares electronic medical records so your history is always available.

I should think most doctors practicing here are keeping electronic records by now. I know that Dr. Leon does. When I go there, the assistant pulls up my record, takes my blood pressure, enters the reading and when the doctor arrives in the room, he records data about the problem and adds prescription info, if any.

I'd be uneasy if a doctor wasn't keeping records, preferably NOT in his own handwriting, lol.

The Doctors at Integrity keep computerized records, at least all the ones I have used there so far. It also depends on what type of system is used, my last Doctor was using word, kind of hard to keep current at a glance track of medications that were given previously. It caused me a great deal of stomach issues for a long time. They should be using a program that is specifically designed for the Physician so that he/she can see certain history details at a glance and not have to scroll up or down through all your records to find out. I also did not appreciate being treated for something that I did not have because the lab made a mistake. I also did not feel comfortable being given someone else's lab results by mistake(someone that I actually knew), this happened a number of times to others while I was in the office.

I understand that mistakes do happen, but over and over is not good.

i always know when my last visit was & what was prescribed. several times they couldnt find my newer records @the reception desk (the main computer). it was because the dr. entered that info from his office. i dont understand the tech stuff. but no drs. here actually kept records until several years ago. th 1st time i saw this was w/dr. teresa in joco. possibly dr. flores did, but the partner didnt.

Archived