Chapala.com Webboard

Kayak Club paddle Video Ajijic to San Nicholas, Tuxueca

traderspoc

Hello: I was very excited to see your UTube video! We will be making a very short visit to Ajijic Feb 25th -March 1, basically on an initial exploring trip. We really like kayaking, and would love to do some kayaking while we are in the area. Could you direct us to a place to rent kayaks in Ajijic? If there would be somebody from the kayak club who would go with us, that would be just absolutely great. My husband is going to be a lot more amenable to an extended stay next year in a place he has met some people with similar interests! You would likely earn my eternal gratitude if you could help me arrange something here!

I replied also in your other thread. We don't really rent kayaks but for a small fee, 150p, we can have you as a guest and outfit you with boat, paddle and PFD. As a guest you would paddle with one of the other members. Looking forward to meeting with you both.

yes the kayak club recommends when using a kayak to have the ability to swim a 1000 feet with a kayak.

we never ask you to do it. but for some reason you run into trouble, you should be physically fit.

and be able to hold your own and be self sufficient.

The members work as a team, we all depend on each other for help when kayaking

Kayak club meets for lunch every Thursday at 12 noon at Yves Restuarant

join us for lunch and meet the members.

We'd like that very much & will plan on doing so. Anybody we should ask for or will we figure out which table you are all on? BTW, I don't look quite like my pix any more-just got my hair cut short Oh-Yves Restaurant is in Ajijic, correct?

we sit on the table, near the east wall where you can see the lake when eating, says reserved, usually set up for 10 persons,

in case you come early.

but on ocassionally a table or two we be added, when we have 16 for lunch

Thanks! We'll look forward to meeting some Ajijic residents!

• 2 months later...

Archived