Chapala.com Webboard

Federal Speeding Fines

Guadalautern

You're right Lots of signs- I pass four on Ave.Patria just leaving my house and driving to Costco- But, you are wrong - saw a friends offense this weekend who lives near me - received in the mail- Mexican Plated car. Friends teenage son, Lives in Valle Real across Periferico from main part of Zapopan drives to school down Acuaducto to Patria received 3 in mail in one month.

Please tell me where they are. Are they speed or red light cameras? Was a picture taken and sent to the victim along with the bill? Also, how is the mail in Zapopan? We have 4 properties here in GDL and, in any given month for the past four years, have yet to receive all four electric bills. Perhaps I have some tickets I don't know about? How do I get the 50% discount if I never received or knew about the ticket? Three weeks ago, we got a Christmas card from my Uncle which he mailed the first week of December.

Speed cameras on periferico at various points and mobile units various points and weekend in Ixtlahuacan.

Red light cams on Michel / Rio Nilo, Patria / Neruda, Patria / Ferderalismo that I recall driving by.

Please give me the specific location on Federalismo. I'll ride my bicycle over and take a look at it.

On Sunday, I saw two cameras marked as both speed and red light cameras on Patria (don't know the name of the cross street) but they are simple monitoring cameras. Real red light and speed cameras have sensors embedded in the pavement. Using radar or laser is not reliable. If someone is using these cameras to watch cars running red lights and marks the plate number, he would have to be able to re-run and stop the video - unless he is writing-down the number plate of a car stopped in the intersection.

I'm not saying there are no mobile units but the only mobile units I have seen on Periferico are accompanied by revenuers stopping cars.

Please tell me where they are. Are they speed or red light cameras? Was a picture taken and sent to the victim along with the bill? Also, how is the mail in Zapopan? We have 4 properties here in GDL and, in any given month for the past four years, have yet to receive all four electric bills. Perhaps I have some tickets I don't know about? How do I get the 50% discount if I never received or knew about the ticket? Three weeks ago, we got a Christmas card from my Uncle which he mailed the first week of December.

Can't answer for all areas of Guad - try to avoid centro -Hidalgo-Vallarta except occasionally use Americas to Lopez Mateos

Red light cameras on Patria/Pablo Neruda-Patria/ Guadalupe- Radar signs all the way down Patria to Lopez Mateos-Other direction going No. Radar cameras Both sides of Patria in front of the Autonoma Univ. and Andares Mall- Radar in Colomnos park at Park entrance -other side of Patria at entrance Atlas Colomnos Club Cotos- Aquaducto/Home depot area before entrance to Periferiico-both directions-- Camera/red lights and radar warnings on Vallarta/ Lazaro Cardenas from Periferico to Costco all the way to Expo both directions- also on Americas and Lopez Mateos

Before cameras Validad used to set speed traps on Ave. Patria in the Parque Bosques de Colomnos at the entrance to Atlas Colomnos Club where I lived - every month in both directions-multiple cops pulling over cars BUT car is Calif plated have never been stopped in over 4 years for anything.

Since cameras and signs went up about 1 yr ago Very Rarely see Validad trucks anywhere in Zapopan -Lots of Patrol cars and Motorcycle cops on Lazaro Cardenas,Vallarta, Patria, Aqueducto & Americas, both directions- this area is the heaviest traffic area in Guad/zapopan during rush hours-last week took me 1/2 hr from Patria/vallarta to Andares Mall about 1 mile !

Re mail--Live in a Coto -All mail for residents is delivered to Guards Caseta-Telmex bill stamped Correro Mexico arrived last week due date Feb 25- CFE for all Coto delivered in Bulk- not in envelopes to Guards Caseta--- mail from US dated Jan 14 arrived Feb 14 th 1month which seems to be average.

The red light cameras are fixed to a housing arch that goes over the street. I vaguely recall one on Federalimnos at the end, another on Patria is on the corner of Alberta.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a judge's office yesterday, she showed me the red light ticket she got at the intersection of Pablo Neruda and Patria, fine was $260 pesos. They are real!

10mph, in Friday's mail i got a photo radar ticket on the Chapala Carretera, was by El Salto and I was going 78, there is a small stretch where the limit is 60! I bet they get alot of people there, ticket is a bit over 300 pesos.

They just published new federal traffic laws, well updated them and they are effective 60 days after the publication November 22, 2012. http://dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5278684&fecha=22/11/2012

Actually the new federal traffic laws contemplate a higher fine for going faster (Article 136)

III. Automóviles, vagonetas y motocicletas sin remolque:
a) Si el exceso es de hasta 20 km/h, 50 a 60 veces la cuota diaria que establece este Reglamento, y
B) Si el exceso es mayor a 20 km/h, 60 a 70 veces la cuota diaria que establece este Reglamento;
So cars speeding up to 20kph over the limit will pay a fine of $3,238 pesos to $3,885.60
So cars speeding over 20kph over the limit will pay a fine of $3,885.60 pesos to $4,533.20
HUGE raises in fines, its like they want to be like California, New york or Canada and raise revenue!

wow! So paying the mordida just became more viable for millions. I assume the local mordida just increased as well.

Archived