Chapala.com Webboard

army presence on Colon, noon, Jan. 28

lorena

while coming out of Bancomer on Colon, we were surprised to see two army pickup trucks stop at the intersection and 8 heavily armed personnel jumped out and walked down the street toward the lake. The trucks proceeded slowly down Colon with 2 personnel in back while the others walked either side of the street. They wore combat gear, faces completely covered by black balaclava, carrying large military style rifles. Any clues what was going on?

We saw them driving through Riberas, carratera a chapala yesterday late morning. Not sure what or if anything is going on. Sadly, we heard 3-4 shots on carratera a chapala going towards Guadalajara last night shortly after 10 p.m. Heard large vehicle race off toward Guad, saw nothing,I phoned police, went to bed, heard one last shot up in the mountains around 12 a.m. :-S. the good news is that miltary presence keeps order.

best not to get involved, the police know whats going on. dont pay attention, it is not our business.

You are VERY VERY right bennie. But that doesn't mean I'm not curious as heck about what happened. But if I ever did find out, I wouldn't dare post it because I post under my real name.

peter, you are very welcome to PM me if you find out!! we love drama. we just dont want to see it hands on. i have heard "shots" "fireworks" "explosions" "what ever. dont know what these noises are, & cant tell one from the other. btw, just a bit of info from the horses mouth: my friends husband got a job w/the chapala police a few months ago. he said, "when we hear of big trouble, we wait untill its over, if it is too dangerous"

Archived