Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw receiver

BALDERDASH

Also what is important is whether the receiver has been properly deactivated. Or if there is money owed on the account that is connected to this receiver, or if this receiver has been permanently turned off because it was part of a stacking scheme.

I'm sure everything OK with this unit, it's just that you have to be very careful down here.

Oh, by the way, Shaw Direct is about to launch another satellite, Anik G-1, perhaps today. It is questionable whether we will be able to receive the signals therefrom this far south. But no big deal. It's not replacing one of the older satellites but is an additional satellite for more programming.

Edit: I went to http://www.lyngsat.com/launches/index.html and learned that although it was scheduled to be launched today the 28th that the launch has been delayed. Oh well. :)

Just received my February bill and it appears that Shaw's programming fees are actually going down, effective April 1. Wonder if that has anything to do with the new satellite?

I currently pay $135.79/mo. for the package and multi-receiver fee. Here is the wording on the February bill I just received.

Effective April 1st, 2013, the monthly rate for your service(s) will be adjusted to $122.98, plus taxes. This amount will appear on your next invoice unless you currently have a promotional rate, in which case the adjustment will appear once your promotion ends. If you have made a change in service since the printing of this invoice, the new amount quoted above may differ. Shaw Direct is committed to providing customers the best value - we are Canada's only satellite provider to bring you more than 5000 on-demand choices directly to your TV, offer award-winning customer service, and with the launch of our new satellite this spring, will bring you the most HD in Canada with over 200 HD channels. To find out more about our services visit shawdirect.ca.

Ezzie when I moved to the Platinum Shaw package they cancelled the multi-receiver fee. You can probably save there as well.

I currently pay $135.79/mo. for the package and multi-receiver fee. Here is the wording on the February bill I just received.

Effective April 1st, 2013, the monthly rate for your service(s) will be adjusted to $122.98, plus taxes. This amount will appear on your next invoice unless you currently have a promotional rate, in which case the adjustment will appear once your promotion ends. If you have made a change in service since the printing of this invoice, the new amount quoted above may differ. Shaw Direct is committed to providing customers the best value - we are Canada's only satellite provider to bring you more than 5000 on-demand choices directly to your TV, offer award-winning customer service, and with the launch of our new satellite this spring, will bring you the most HD in Canada with over 200 HD channels. To find out more about our services visit shawdirect.ca.

Shaw's prices are going up April 1st for me. It is going up $4 before taxes. The 122.98 above doesn't include taxes. When you add the taxes,depending where you live, you could be paying more than $138.

Ezzie when I moved to the Platinum Shaw package they cancelled the multi-receiver fee. You can probably save there as well.

I just checked my bill again and I have the "ultimate" package ($92.99) and the multi-receiver fee is waived with that package. I also have the Movies Plus ($15.00) and HD Combo ($10.99) add-ons for a total of $118.98 + HST + CRTC fee (1%). As of April 1st, this package is going up to $122.98 + HST + CRTC fee (1%) which is an overall increase of ($140.20 - $135.79) $4.41/mo.

Archived