Chapala.com Webboard

Safe - where to buy

Mrbeardog

Yes, the shop is called Cerrajeria Aragon, Morelos #172. Tel# 765 32 52 and the proprietor's name is Heriberto.

A safe needs to be heavy enough that it cannot be removed from the premises. Also, you should conceal it so that it is not seen easily. Put it behind a false wall or way back in a closet full of clothes. You don't want plumbers, cleaning staff or gardeners knowing about it. They talk.

Also, make sure it is delivered after dark in the dead of night, and make sure it is a very quiet operation.

If burglars hit your house and find a safe, they may just wait for you to come home and to open it for them. You don't want them cutting on you.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I did go to Chapala and look at a nice big safe that a robber probably couldn't move.

However, after all the input about moving it in during the dead of night with no moon and the necessity to have the people that

move it be blindfolded, and the possibility that if I get robbed and if they find the safe that they might just wait for me and force

me to open it..... I am rethinking the whole thing. Maybe a moat and a dragon.

Archived