Chapala.com Webboard

Jocotepec is looking for sister cities

Hi. I think that cities around Okanagan Lake, in BC, would be ideal. When my friends from there come and visit they all agree with me that the lake Chapala area is so, so similar. Large lake, with low mountains..... lots of cities and villiages around the lake. I will see if Penticton or Vernon have Mexican sister cities yet. They are big into that.

By the way. I took one of my Penticton BC friends to Joco this week. We had such a great day and could not believe how clean it was compared to Chapala. My friend is renting a house in Chapala for a couple of months and loves it, but said she could live in Jocotepec forever.

Ooops. Just read you want email with recommendations. Will do.

You could also contact the person who did this in Chapala and was written up in the Guadalajara Reporter and other Mexican media for being successful at doing this for them, for 2 successive governments run by PRI and PAN. So I assume he is used to working with both.

From what I have read over the years,he developed strategies that generated interest from other areas. Do you have such in place?

Oxnard, California has a lot in common with Jocotepec, I think. It's a lot bigger population-wise, and it's by the ocean instead of a lake, but there's a huge Mexican community there and agriculture has always been big. It even has an annual Strawberry Festival.

But I have no idea what "sister city" criteria is.

Oxnard, California has a lot in common with Jocotepec, I think. It's a lot bigger population-wise, and it's by the ocean instead of a lake, but there's a huge Mexican community there and agriculture has always been big. It even has an annual Strawberry Festival.

But I have no idea what "sister city" criteria is.

Oxnard is a sister city with Ocotlan. Has been for a long time.

Archived