Chapala.com Webboard

How to access Apps with Canadian Visa Credit Card

Jistme

This subject was discussed here a few months ago...I'm unable to track it down.

I'm having a problem obtaining permission from the Apple store to buy web-books, with a Canadian Visa.

Sorry..I'm not that Tech Savvy, any suggestions appreciated.

That's strange. We use our RBC Visa card from Canada there all the time.

One solution might be to set up a Paypal account.

Bob

We have the same problem with our iPad and a Canadian Credit Card that has a Mexican address...the problem is specifically with the download of Apps....and yes, the address was put in EXACTLY as it appears on our card statement.

If you change your "country" to Mexico on the ipad, then buy an itunes card for 200, 300 or 600 pesos at Walmart, you put in the "code" on the card by clicking on the button at the bottom of the Apps page where it says "redeem". Be aware that the Apps will now be priced in pesos...and the amount of the app will be deducted from the amount of the card that you started with.

We ARE able to download books from Amazon using our Canadian Credit Card with the Mexican address...go figure!

P.S. the itunes cards are right in front of you as you walk into Walmart...they are "activated" at the checkout counter when you pay for them. They are not scratch off cards like the Amigo Telcel cards but rather a Peel Off sticker under which is the code.

Hope this helps.

If you are using an iPad, you should be able to log into the Canadian app store. To do this, click on the App icon on the iPad. Tap on "Featured" in the bottom left hand side of the screen. Then scroll all the way down to the area that says "Quick Links". At the bottom it will show your Apple ID. Tap on it and a window will open that includes and option to "sign out". Tap on "sign out". Then sign back in using existing Canadian Apple ID and password. This will get you back into the Canadian App store.

If you are using an iPad, you should be able to log into the Canadian app store. To do this, click on the App icon on the iPad. Tap on "Featured" in the bottom left hand side of the screen. Then scroll all the way down to the area that says "Quick Links". At the bottom it will show your Apple ID. Tap on it and a window will open that includes and option to "sign out". Tap on "sign out". Then sign back in using existing Canadian Apple ID and password. This will get you back into the Canadian App store.

That is exactly how I do it. If you search the Apple help forums ( change app stores) you can find a detailed description of how to do it.

I cannot offer more help because while I buy from the Canadian app store, my credit card actually has a Canadian billing address. So the combination of the OP having a Canadian billing address, and logging into the Cdn. store, should work. I maintain a U.S. ID, a Canadian I.D., and a third ID without a credit card, for Apple. The terror mongers.

Thanks all for your suggestions, I'll try them all out until I find a solution that works.

I've also been advised that to access the Apple Apps. I should have someone in Canada buy me an Apple card from

a Mac store, which I could then use each time I bought a book. If all else fails I'll go that route.

We have the same problem with our iPad and a Canadian Credit Card that has a Mexican address...the problem is specifically with the download of Apps....and yes, the address was put in EXACTLY as it appears on our card statement.

If you change your "country" to Mexico on the ipad, then buy an itunes card for 200, 300 or 600 pesos at Walmart, you put in the "code" on the card by clicking on the button at the bottom of the Apps page where it says "redeem". Be aware that the Apps will now be priced in pesos...and the amount of the app will be deducted from the amount of the card that you started with.

We ARE able to download books from Amazon using our Canadian Credit Card with the Mexican address...go figure!

P.S. the itunes cards are right in front of you as you walk into Walmart...they are "activated" at the checkout counter when you pay for them. They are not scratch off cards like the Amigo Telcel cards but rather a Peel Off sticker under which is the code.

Hope this helps.

Sent you a PM

Archived