Chapala.com Webboard

Fraccionamientos

cedros

A breakin is a braekin. Would`nt it be up to the Board of Directors to notify all the residents of such incidents ?

Just asking.

Well, in my experience, security guards do not guarantee security. As for somebody knowing that the alarm was off,

that proves the statistics right.More than 80% of break ins are inside jobs. Gardeners, maids, gas and water delivery

men, occasaional labourers ect. and security guards as well.

All I know after living here more then 20 years, that everybody has to look after their own safety. Do not count on

someone else to do it for you.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Raquet Club I have never heard about specific breakins from the board. When they are forced to acknowledge a breakin they make light of it. If they know about it they don't seem to want to share the information with the residents.

If an AC has a concession approved by the City Council to supply services and it is published it becomes a Municipal Regulation. If this is the case under the letter of the law you must pay. Even if you decide not to be a member it does not matter. You can leave the AC but you cannot leave the jurisdiction of the Municipal Regulations that allow the dues to be charged by the AC. If the AC is set up correctly they should be able to sue successfully in court.

Even if this is not the case if you receive a service you are obligated legally and morally to pay for it.

I am suprised by the amount of people of all nationalities that try not to pay their dues. If you do not want to pay dues don't live in a Fracc or a Condo.

Can you please name one Fracc that has signed a concession agreement with the municipality?

Also for your info most residents who do not pay maintenance fees are not foreigners but locals.

Most Expats are paying fees and taxes as soon as they can and profit of the discounts available.

Yes very few concession agreements legally approved and published. Very hard to negotiate as there is usually no short term benefit for the Muncipality although in the long term they save alot of money.

The municipality can grant a concesion for most services including roads, water, lights, and especially water distibution. Water is usually the most important part of the concession. I see nothing in the law saying that the title for the well need to be given to the Munipality although lately the CNA does not want to give the lowest rate for water unless the well is in the municipalites name.

I have been involved in the negotations for a few concesion agreements, In none of them was the title to the well given to the Municipality.

Yes fees must be paid by everyone. As I mentioned it does not matter if you are a member or not. If the Municipalty approves the concession then the people that receive those services must pay for them.

I don't know where you get your facts from, however, the obligatory transfer of a federal water permit is confirmed by Clause 20 of the permit’s General Conditions. What this means is that by signing a concession agreement a Fracc must transfer the CNA concession over to the municipality. This is a very serious issue and should be well explained to members of any Fracc that contemplate to sign a concesion agreement with their municipality.

Funny about fraccs and Condos. Even here on this board people get excited. So so serious.

Wow so many questions so little time.

Developments with Concesions. Many but just to mention a few Roca Azul, Raquet Club ( Has a 20 year concession) , Rancho Alegre, Las Fuentes. I believe La Floresta and Brisas.

In my opinion.

Clause 20 actually permits water concessions for third partes. It only says that the Municipality can decide at any time to take away the concession for the well. I hate to translate so if you want to check it go ahead. That is what the one says that I have in front of me. There could be others that say different, although I asume it is the same. No concession needed with the Muncipality for this clause to enter into effect.

The only way to avoid is register as services and pay I think 7-10 pesos a meter.

If you are in a Fracc the services are already owned by the Municpality and in most cases the well as well. ( that worked out well).

And where do I get my facts?? . Oh. so personal. Life, school, friends, and from a few years experience.

And actually there are developments where there are more foreigners that do not pay.

You know I think its funny, even with my law experience and education I think twice about interpreting the law.

Fun stuff....

Funny about fraccs and Condos. Even here on this board people get excited. So so serious.

Wow so many questions so little time.

Developments with Concesions. Many but just to mention a few Roca Azul, Raquet Club ( Has a 20 year concession) , Rancho Alegre, Las Fuentes. I believe La Floresta and Brisas.

In my opinion.

Clause 20 actually permits water concessions for third partes. It only says that the Municipality can decide at any time to take away the concession for the well. I hate to translate so if you want to check it go ahead. That is what the one says that I have in front of me. There could be others that say different, although I asume it is the same. No concession needed with the Muncipality for this clause to enter into effect.

The only way to avoid is register as services and pay I think 7-10 pesos a meter.

If you are in a Fracc the services are already owned by the Municpality and in most cases the well as well. ( that worked out well).

And where do I get my facts?? . Oh. so personal. Life, school, friends, and from a few years experience.

And actually there are developments where there are more foreigners that do not pay.

You know I think its funny, even with my law experience and education I think twice about interpreting the law.

Fun stuff....

Really, so what should one be paying for water in a fracc. which has a water concession? Seems to be pretty high in some places, as in over 10,000 pesos a year.

So, is the fracc. telling fibs here, or do they actually have a concession? Why would it cost residents over 10k pesos a year for water?

in floresta many mexicans did not pay the dues. the the next person who rents the property is stuck for the $$. legal or not, they even threated to turn water off. as i said, i always paid early, evrty 3 months. sometimes the garbage pickup was skipped, for 10 days once it stank. in my friends condo complex, there is a mexican couple who hasnt paid in 2yrs. they have also trashed up the unit, inside & out. i am sure expats do not pay either, but can they get deported? or arrested? what happeneds?

Really, so what should one be paying for water in a fracc. which has a water concession? Seems to be pretty high in some places, as in over 10,000 pesos a year.

So, is the fracc. telling fibs here, or do they actually have a concession? Why would it cost residents over 10k pesos a year for water?

Let me repeat. Let's say a fracc. makes the residents pony up for a well, makes them pay for electricity and all pumping equipment etc.,then says they have a concession, but every resident must pay over 10,000 pesos a year for water? We have friends in Ajijic, not in a fracc, who have a HUGE house. 8 bathrooms, a pool, etc. They only pay 8,000 pesos a year for water.

Water costs are not just for Federal Water Comission.

Water Comission Between about .70 cents for authorized residential and up to about 10 pesos other types of services, private use etc. ( These are very approx. I don't remember exactly)

Electricity about .5 to 1.5 kws per meter pumped. Depending on depth of well, pump type etc.

Electricity- 2 pesos up tp 4 pesos per kw approx. depending on type of authorized usage.

So to answer your question water cost can be between about 2 pesos per meter up to about 5 pesos a meter for residential.

Plus pump upkeep. pipes, system....... etc....

Let me repeat. Let's say a fracc. makes the residents pony up for a well, makes them pay for electricity and all pumping equipment etc.,then says they have a concession, but every resident must pay over 10,000 pesos a year for water? We have friends in Ajijic, not in a fracc, who have a HUGE house. 8 bathrooms, a pool, etc. They only pay 8,000 pesos a year for water.

Not only the resident pay for the electricity, but the upkeep of the storage tanks. Also a reading of the water taken from the well has to be accounted. The amount of the water register on the log has to be paid to whatever government agency issue the concession (Simapa or CNA). Before submitting the total of the water consumed by the fracc. a call has to be make to review the rate of the last reading date. Our workers keep the form and takes the reading every week. Other services are included in the fracc. and all are included in a single monthly payment. Our well was not paid by the resident but by the company who subdivided the land to be sold as lots. I guess the cost of digging a well (very expensive) was added to the cost of the lots. There has to be a money reserve to avoid special assessment in case the pump or other equipment needs repair or replacement. Our concession is for 50 years and we can only extract water up to a certain amount. Of what I do remember when I was a member of the Board no more long term concession. New concession are been given up to 10 years at which time a new request has to be submitted. This new application requires a considerable amount of money.

Wisecraker: Most of the fracc. don't charge a separate fee for water. They usually put all the services together in one monthly fee. Your friend who has a big house must be paying the water to the municipality. The way Simapa figures the water fee is different from the way a fracc. with a well does . The municipality goes by the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and other facilities within the property. In our fracc. we pay 8,900 a year for water, street lights, garbage pick up ( 3 times a week) 24 hours security and 2 full time workers to maintain the fracc. Your friend's paying 8,000 pesos in water consumption for a year is not a bargain at all. I have a house with 3,800 feet of construction and 630 m lot. I will say that my fee is a bargain compared to what your friend pay. Our fracc. has an official government form given by CNA in which they point out the years of the concession, how much we can take out per year, the year of expedition of the permit and the year in which the concession ends. Every fracc. who has a concession has to have this document in records in case any of the residents wants to take a look.

Archived