Chapala.com Webboard

Baby back ribs

shirley

For the second time in less than a month we bought the baby back ribs from Costco, planned a nice meal, open the package and whew....what a foul smell!! The ribs are bad, again!! I am seriously pi** off! Last time I returned them I did not make a big deal about it....this time I am going to raise a ...stink! Can't help but wonder if due dates are being changed.

Well, Shirley,.... I am a big fan of you, by the way :-)) (were you not a vegetarian ?),....

Two weeks ago, I bought in Walmart, dog chew bones (a famous American brand I think, made here),.... and they were ALL burnt, smelt like ashes. I contacted the firm and they were going to reembourse me,.... I sent them the pictures, never heard from them again (burnt meat causes cancer). I gave up. A total waste of time, it was.

Last week, a bottle of milk, had turned sour at the store. Unfortunately, I had thrown it away and when I just mentioned it to the store manager,.... her reaction : completely ignoring me and I even felt guilty having mentioned it...

I really hate myself for turning more and more (the older I get) into a control freak now, as these are not the first incidents like that.

Darn! I just bought the baby back ribs from Costco yesterday and froze them. I won't be inviting anyone over for those ribs. I have almost stopped buying meat at Costco because I have had such good luck with delicious meat at a much better price here in Ajijic.

Ajijic Meat Center on the Libremiento behind the Bancomer has really nice meat (haven't tried the fish, crab and lobster yet). We had fillet mignon and another time rack of lamb. Much cheaper than Costco and very good. The fillet was frozen. The lamb was fresh but possibly previously frozen. Both, really good and certainly cheaper and easier than going to Costco.

We had a problem with Costco's hamburger meat ... but only once. After that for several months I would open the package and smell it before taking it to the register. I did notice when we were there about a week or so ago that the shelves were a little bare and the meat selection was not as good. Also, their produce section was extremely low. We usually get their center cut pork chops and freeze them in individual portions and they did not have any available. I think after that I read on this forum somewhere someone say that they are getting ready for inventory and were trying to lower their inventory. Maybe not a good time to buy perishables.

We have also become acquainted with the meat market behind the Pemex station on the Liberamento and have really been happy with their meat. We have tried the filets and the pork chops which were both frozen. They were both excellent. I know I was really worried about the pork chops because I was having company and when I thawed them there was an excessive amount of water. I thought the meat was going to be tastless and tough because of the water but it was delicious!! Our company was very happy with the meal and I will be buying more meat there for sure.

Archived