Chapala.com Webboard

Email Neighborhood Watch Groups & Home Security Ideas

765-4444. i called, somone answered "xxxxchapala". i dont know if it was the police, couldnt understand the second word. sounded offical. i didnt want to ask or bother them. the number works, maybe it should be confirmed as the offical number? as for cell phones, i dont think its our job to pay for that. no i havent tested cell number. i dont speak spanish, & hesitate to sound like a crazy american crying wolf & hanging up.

as i said, someone answered, & i didnt ask if it was police, as i dont speak spanish. maybe someone else can call the #, & ask if it is the correct one? then we will know it works.

That number works! I have it programmed in both my cell and house phone. Being aware that we're still in the "wave" when crime is up, once I had a Mexican neighbor inform me that she calls the cops a couple of times a week, at least, to report suspicious persons, I realized it was alright for me to do it too. She also told me she doesn't lie but she does make it sound urgent. Most of the time they come. Most of the time, it's a false alarm, i guess but they need to be passing by anyway so might as well come by when you see a suspicious car or person. I've stopped them while walking my dog and even said, it may be a worker but I don't know who they are, can you go and check it out and they do.

One night, I was particularly alarmed, fumbled over my Spanish and the person answering the phone used a few words in English. We have a friend, who speaks very limited Spanish if anything at all, she got the cops to come to her home when she had a problem. Don't be shy, try. They will ask for your name and address so just have it ready even if you don't understand what they're saying. Sometimes they make a bleep, bleep sound so you know they have arrived, which I kind of think isn't a good idea because it'd be a warning to someone who's broken into a home to take off but well, viva Mexico! :))

765-4444. i called, somone answered "xxxxchapala". i dont know if it was the police, couldnt understand the second word. sounded offical. i didnt want to ask or bother them. the number works, maybe it should be confirmed as the offical number? as for cell phones, i dont think its our job to pay for that. no i havent tested cell number. i dont speak spanish, & hesitate to sound like a crazy american crying wolf & hanging up.

You seem to be on top of a lot of things around hear Bennie, and very intelligent as well. I would nominate you to head up the protective committee and lead us all out of this disaster.Can we have a poll and will you lead us if enough people vote for you?

as i said, someone answered, & i didnt ask if it was police, as i dont speak spanish. maybe someone else can call the #, & ask if it is the correct one? then we will know it works.

Just another good reason to learn some basic Spanish.

behnwau, how many people actually tested the number? only me. (& homesweethome did a followup). theres no such thing as "maybe". either theres a number or there isnt. now, whether i would use it or not, thats a different story.

bournemouth: re read linda's message. she said the police # did NOT work (direct quote from linda: "never worked"). since it does work, i thought i was doing a favor by annoucing it. sorry to offend you.

I thought they were talking about the 800 # in Canada that was no longer working and that now we should call the old and always existing and working #, the one written on the trucks, in the phone books etc etc

Archived