Chapala.com Webboard

Metoprolol Tartrate

Floradude, thanks so much and as it turns out I was asking about the wrong medication. Actually I need to know if Lisinopril 25mg. is avaiable.

Yep, Lisinopril is available in 10mg tabs as my wife takes it. Ask for the generic brand.

Fox

Lisinopril is $10.00 from Walmart in the USA for 3 months supply. That is cheaper than Mexico pricing. Although it is affordable here you should keep a prescription at Walmart mail order as well and ship every couple of months to a friends residence in the USA and then have him reship it to any friend coming down to Ajijic. You can get a 3 month supply at walmart and re-order every couple of months until you have used up all 4 refills.

Lisinopril is available.

I'd recommend you get the name brand if you are planning on buying it in Mexico. It's been my experience that the "Generics/Similars" are not as efficacious as the name brand meds.

In the end, it could end up costing you a whole lot more if you don't keep your Blood Pressure under control as your doctor recommends you do.

• 5 years later...

I was on Metaprolol for many years for essential tremor, but my blood pressure starting getting too low as I lost weight, etc. Interesting drug, sometimes called the "assasin" pill because it slows down your heart, if you were a sniper, etc. It is also used to treat stage fright and is one of few drugs forbidden to professional golfers. I am surprised that Dr. Santiago didn't not know that it is one of many drugs now linked to depression. Oh well - you can't read every report I guess, this one from JAMA.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/commonly-prescribed-medications-have-highest-depression-risk#1

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I was on Metaprolol for many years...

And you were not alone. "In 2016 it was the 6th most prescribed medication in the United States with more than 74 million prescriptions."

SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metoprolol

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

I was on Metaprolol for many years for essential tremor, but my blood pressure starting getting too low as I lost weight, etc. Interesting drug, sometimes called the "assasin" pill because it slows down your heart, if you were a sniper, etc. It is also used to treat stage fright and is one of few drugs forbidden to professional golfers. I am surprised that Dr. Santiago didn't not know that it is one of many drugs now linked to depression. Oh well - you can't read every report I guess, this one from JAMA.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/commonly-prescribed-medications-have-highest-depression-risk#1

Chillin'  Dr. Santiago's post was from January 2013 so likely things have progressed a tad since then.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2013 at 2:57 PM, border crosser said:

We are in the US and the doctor prescribed Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg. This is a blood pressure medication and is working perfectly. My question, is it available in Mexico. I have been online but can not find the answer. I would really appreciate knowing and if possible the cost. Thanks in advance.

For availability and cost  check  https://www.farmatodo.com.mx/index.php

• 7 months later...

I have never seen or heard of 25mg Lisinopril.   I take 2, 10mg a day,  20mg total for the day. 

Lisinopril 10mg at Similares 28 tabs 50 pesos per box with 25% discount on Monday's.  

Walmart about the same deal when you figure it out. Buy 4 boxes get 1 free every day. 

Both quotes are generic. 

The best test of generics is to buy some, try it for yourself, and see if it works like the name brand. For me it was fine, for my wife, not fine. Forget the studies, blah, blah, blah. If it works for you, go for it.

On 1/17/2013 at 2:57 PM, border crosser said:

We are in the US and the doctor prescribed Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg. This is a blood pressure medication and is working perfectly. My question, is it available in Mexico. I have been online but can not find the answer. I would really appreciate knowing and if possible the cost. Thanks in advance.

Farmatodo.com.mx offers Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg and 100mg for cheap in packs of 20

https://www.farmatodo.com.mx/buscar/Buscar/1/?q=Metoprolol