Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find things?

FHBOY

Isn't there a place with hot pools in the area? Possibly in Ajijic? I went there once and I think they wanted 200ps. for the day. We didn't go in as we only wanted an hour and then eat lunch.

That is Balneario San Juan Cosala, in San Juan Cosala (west of Ajijic) on the lake side.

This is their website, it's also a hotel:

http://www.hotelspacosala.com

• 2 weeks later...

NEWBIE OBSERVATION:

Is it just me, but doesn't the strictness with which the seat belt law is enforced seem a bit weird when we look at trucks filled with people in the bed? Just an observation. :D

Humm, it's just one of those things. When I went back to CA to get my car I wasn't aware of the seat belt law here so was stopped for lack of wearing one. I have always had a fear of them for personal reasons. I know they save lives, etc. but not always. Just my opinion..

Reinforcing the seat belt is a relatively new thing here. I remember when I started driving as a teen, when the seat belt law went into effect, it was the only time I've ever been pulled over in my life and I got a warning. Some areas the traffic cops look to pull you over if you turned from the wrong lane, this area is excited about the seat belt law. Small town stuff. :P

Archived