Chapala.com Webboard

Jar Openers - not bottle openers - where, please?

Arjay

We went to 3 places today looking for a jar opener, with no success. The kind that will turn the lid of a jar of jam when you can't get it open.

We asked for el tarro abridor and el frasco abridor and they directed us to bottle openers that would open beer or cans of vegetables. Didn't manage to get the concept across.

Does anyone know where we can buy one, please.

The best one that I have found, I purchased at the "Dollar Store" south west corner of Ajijic Plaza.

I have no idea what it is called or where you might find it in that maze. The woman was unboxing and pricing them on the front counter the day I bought it. 20P and it will open anything from Coke bottles to pickle jars.

It is a weird looking thing. Not the clamp type that I've always used but a bar about 8" long with a piece that slides along the bar to grip the cap.

It's a multifunction tool that will open cans, pop tops, bottles, beer bottles etc.

The best one that I have found, I purchased at the "Dollar Store" south west corner of Ajijic Plaza.

I have no idea what it is called or where you might find it in that maze. The woman was unboxing and pricing them on the front counter the day I bought it. 20P and it will open anything from Coke bottles to pickle jars.

It is a weird looking thing. Not the clamp type that I've always used but a bar about 8" long with a piece that slides along the bar to grip the cap.

It's a multifunction tool that will open cans, pop tops, bottles, beer bottles etc.

We just came from the Plaza dollar store and gave them both translations and a few charades and they said they didn't have any. Boo. We also tried SuperLake, El Torito and Wal-Mart.

Archived