Chapala.com Webboard

Horse people: What time is the blessing in Ajijic tomorrow?

valbogyo

Before the event at 1PM, there is a procession and a blessing in the yard infront of the big church in Ajijic. Last year, I noticed several expat women, with beautiful horses, in the procession. I really want to see this again, but I wondered what time? It must be after masses. Any ideas?

There is a poster out advertising the event but it doesn´t give the hours. Yoly,s salon at El Torrito is selling tickets to the event at the Lienzo Charro, I´m sure Yoly could tell you what time it starts. Don´t be late because this is one thing that usually starts on time.

This is one of the best events of the season, you have to see it at least once.

13 years ago I was invited to ride in the Escaramoza but I was sure that if I went charging around riding side saddle I would fall off my horse backwards and crack my head open in front of God and everybody so I chickened out. I kind of regret not giving it a shot, it´s such a beautiful thing..

Take an umbrella to the Lienzo Charro, the sun can be brutal.

There is a poster out advertising the event but it doesn´t give the hours. Yoly,s salon at El Torrito is selling tickets to the event at the Lienzo Charro, I´m sure Yoly could tell you what time it starts. Don´t be late because this is one thing that usually starts on time.

This is one of the best events of the season, you have to see it at least once.

13 years ago I was invited to ride in the Escaramoza but I was sure that if I went charging around riding side saddle I would fall off my horse backwards and crack my head open in front of God and everybody so I chickened out. I kind of regret not giving it a shot, it´s such a beautiful thing..

Take an umbrella to the Lienzo Charro, the sun can be brutal.

Hey.... this sounds so cool. I am afraid to get on a horse (long story), but I love to look at them. We are so lucky to live here, the variety of events/festivals etc.... I can't believe it sometimes.

Meanwhile: I fell this morning, being a total spaz, and landed on my knee. I am sitting here with ice and my knee elevated so I won't be passing by Yoly's today. If anyone knows her number, or is going to pass by..... I would appreciate finding out.

I am pretty sure I saw the horses gathering (with their people) along the coral in la floresta prior to this all happening.

Thanks for your help.

OMG. Thankyou Bournemouth. I guess I stumbled on it the day before the show last year and forgot. Now I can put it at rest and try and see the main event tomorrow.

Archived