Chapala.com Webboard

Obtaining US auto insurance to cross the border

Sandrita

I would like to know if there is a company I can contact that will write US auto insurance to cover me crossing the border. My agent, Parker Ins. does not and I also checked with S&S Auto and they do not either. I Although Aduana has not come up wth new laws I am operating from othe view that with a Permanente visa a foreign plated auto will not be allowed so I will be in the position of having to drive my US plated car NOB, sell it and the come back and get a Mexican car.

Muchas gracias.

One concern I have with segurogringo.com is that, if you read the conditions that are emailed to you along with your policy, it says that the policy must have two signatures. The two times we've purchased insurance from them, there has only been one signature on the policy. I've emailed back and forth to National Unity about this and, while they've assured me that Seguro Gringo is an authorized agent of theirs, they also said that the conditions will be adhered to in the event of a claim. Could not get a straight answer whether the one-signature policies would be honored.

not really, she is getting rid of her foreign plated vehicle because she thinks she has to....

Although Aduana has not come up wth new laws I am operating from othe view that with a Permanente visa a foreign plated auto will not be allowed so I will be in the position of having to drive my US plated car NOB, sell it and the come back and get a Mexican car.

Archived