Chapala.com Webboard

Fiesta Charra this Sunday in Ajijic

hkrause

I've been looking, but haven't seen this announced. Is anybody familiar with the event being held this Sunday at the bullring? Hubby's Spanish teacher seemed pretty excited about attending and asked if we wanted to go. Wondered if anybody is familiar and can comment?

Article in the Guadalajara Reporter, here: http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/expat-living-mainmenu-91/lake-chapala-mainmenu-51/community-news-mainmenu-64/32387-lively-fiesta-charra-on-jan-13.html

Heather

I went last year and it was amazing. My favorite part is when all the horses and riders filled the plaza area in front of the large church for some type of blessing. (I am not sure if the horses, people or both were being blessed). There is a parade and some of the horses dance!! There are riders of every age and some of the horses are really decked out.

Does anyone know what time it begins?

1:00 pm and the cost is 80 pesos in advance...tickets at Yoly's salon, or I think at the door... more like 100 pesos. It will be a wonderful experience, so don't miss it!

I think that is the "show" part, that I will be sure to see. Before that there is the parade to the church and the blessing. I will see what I can find out.

The info I have doesn't say anything about the parade and blessing portion. Perhaps that's a different event?? If anybody finds out differently, please post here... thanks!

Heather

I went and I will never go again, I am an avid horse lover and have trained my mare myself. The riders of the dancing horses were abusive, two of the horses were bleeding from being spurred!!! Shame on those riders. I hope the money went to a good cause. Love it here's wife Cheryl

Archived