Chapala.com Webboard

Costs for getting permanent residence

sue

Ok, this is confusing. My FM-3 is No Inmigrante and says Prorroga 4 on the back??

That indicates that you will go directly to permanente when your current card expires. You can apply up to a month in advance.

Ok, the way I read it, you're a "0" on the old FM3 system meaning 1st year. When you renew your card will show a "1" and each year after you increment by 1. So far it looks like until your's shows a "3 or 4" you can't automatically move to Permanente without financials. If you renew now you will be Temporal (hopefully with a "1"). It's dumb, makes no sense and I'd bet if you go in and plead your case you may get them to allow you to go Permanente without financials and that's what this is all about , you can go Permanente today if you show financials for $2500 a month income. Unfortunately you are up against the wall with time and I think only time will sort all of this out.

Ok, the way I read it, you're a "0" on the old FM3 system meaning 1st year. When you renew your card will show a "1" and each year after you increment by 1. So far it looks like until your's shows a "3 or 4" you can't automatically move to Permanente without financials. If you renew now you will be Temporal (hopefully with a "1"). It's dumb, makes no sense and I'd bet if you go in and plead your case you may get them to allow you to go Permanente without financials and that's what this is all about , you can go Permanente today if you show financials for $2500 a month income. Unfortunately you are up against the wall with time and I think only time will sort all of this out.

I can't believe this is happening. I will see someone tomorrow and hopefully figure this out. Thanks, Giltner

Archived