Chapala.com Webboard

Nook B and N

gitty

I have a nook.

To use it is a 2 step process.

First, as given in one of the comments, establish wireless connectivity to Internet with the WPA business.

Second, as of 6 mos ago, the Nook could not be used until registered with Barnes and Noble. Unfortunately BN does not cover Mexico so registration was impossible.

Spent an hour with a BN digital tech on the fone explaining situation. We both speak geek and he set up a dummy account. However I can not download from BN. Probably a copyright issue. Instead I went to my favorite pirate site and downloaded a bunch of EPUB books.

Screw BN!

The way to get around all the BN foolishness is to "root" the device. That is too geeky for this forum.

This was 6 mos ago. Perhaps things have changed.

No, no hidden IP of any sort. In fact, with my Nexus 7 I have problems with the Amazon store for apps, but never with books on my Kindle. My Nook Glow has not yet arrived; however, I did download the book as described in my earlier post. (Not without incident; kept getting popups saying there were problems, but when I closed them the problems went away.)

After downloading the book and trying to open it in the Adobe Digital Editions reader, another popup demanded a user name and password. After much web-searching, this turns out to be your credit card name and credit card number. I could not find this information of the B&N website. So much for "ease of use" claims.

Archived