Chapala.com Webboard

Living with a Mexican family

Rony

I have seen this going really well in the past (and now).... an expat living with a Mexican family, room, meals, sometimes own bathroom, included. There is this 92 years old Belgian lady here in Chapala doing that for almost 10 years now and it is a win win situation.... extra income for the family and the lady is not alone and well taken care of.

Not everybody wants to stay alone and this might be a good solution for some.

I know of a nice, middleclass Mexican family, with 2 rooms available (in the heart of Chapala, great location) for 2 different guests.... 500 US dollars a month (per guest of course), meals and lodging included. I have seen one of their rooms and it provides some privacy as well.

You can always e-mail me and I will be more than happy to pass on their phone number (the husband speaks English). elbelgicano@yahoo.com

This is something I had never thought of myself but I will gladly include this in my free employment project, as this is also good extra income for a Mexican family.

People/singles should not be left on their own (if they do not want to). I have seen so many times, how, also here (not just NOB) a man/woman is found dead, after days and days lying there.

One very important thing..... before getting into this adventure, homework should be done, checking the family, checking the guest.... And it is more than essential to take your time in setting up rules and talking about what the expectations are, from both sides.

best regards,

Rony

• 4 years later...

Archived