Chapala.com Webboard

Affordable One Week Rental Apt in Mexico City ?

cstone

We have friends coming for a 3 week stay in Feb. I thought this would be a great time for the 4 of us to take off and visit the capital.

All of us like museums, architecture, people watching, shopping, etc. Preference is for ease of access to the central historic districts and transport.

None of us need night-time clubs and cafes. We run out of steam a bit early after a full day. All of us are in our mid 60s.

We usually stay in apartments when we travel in Europe or Thailand, and were hoping for the same in this case. I have looked at VRBO, but there are only a few available that are somewhat close in, and they are pricier than I expected.

Recommendations ?

Cindy

You might try looking on these sites:

www.olx.com.mx

www.vivastreet.com.mx.

www.airbnb.com

Also, I have a (old) file with Mexico City travel notes. I haven't stayed at either of these, but you might google for information regarding "Casa Tarami", and "Casa Gonzalez".

Ordinarily I would agree with Tom but when I found it just too darn easy to stay in Condesa and not roll into the center, so I would choose someplace not quite so comfortable. After Ajijic that Condesa was so wonderful. I made a mental note that last time I was looking there were some reasonable rental units near Kahlo house on one of those sites. And be sure and do the floating gardens sounds hokey but it is some good fun!

Archived