Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for apartment to rent in La Condesa - January onwards

fikatprice

Hi there,

I'm an Australian EFL teacher - working part-time as well as studying at Uni and I'm looking for an apartment to rent in La Condesa, Mexico City.

Fully furnished is preferable. If wifi and utilities were included in the rent that would be great.

I need it from January 20th onwards. It would be fairly long-term; 6 months initially.

I've been living in different areas of Mexico for almost 2 years now, doing long-term house sitting jobs, so I'm a great tenant with excellent references.

Can anyone help me?

Any potential leads, info, tips, tricks or advice is very appreciated.

Cheers,

Fiona.

Fiona, you might want to sign up for Trusted Housesitters: http://www.trustedhousesitters.com. The Australian woman who house/pet sat for us last spring/summer told me that there are always more houses to sit than there are sitters to take the jobs. We were 100% satisfied with the website, with the response to our request--9 people wanted to come house/pet sit for us in Mexico City, and we chose the person we thought would do the best job for us.

Another poster here recommended AirBnB. I second that motion as well: currently, a friend from Seattle is in the DF staying long-term in a private home that he found on AirBnB.

If you decide to try AirBnB and need advice about neighborhoods, etc, I would gladly do for you what I did for him: vet his choices for accessibility, safety, etc. PM me if you need help.

Hi More Liana,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am with Trusted House sitters and a couple of other house sitting websites too. These websites are a wonderful service (for both sitters and owners) and I have lived in many places all over Mexico and holidayed in Europe thanks to house sitting, however, alas there is nothing suitable for me in Mexico City at this time (sigh!), which is why I'm resorting to a rental. I plan on being in Mexico City for at least 6 months, so although AirBnB is an excellent website too, I have found it is more suitable to shorter-term stays as the rates usually fall somewhere between a hotel and a rental. However it is very interesting that your friend found a long-term place though, and I will have to investigate AirBnB a little more I think :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to make these suggestions. I do appreciate it.

Best regards,

Fiona.

Archived