Chapala.com Webboard

African Grey Parrot Wanted

Bigrig1919

I would like to buy an African Grey Parrot here in Mexico. I live in the Chapala Area . I have searched all the Mex classifieds I cannot find any.

Someone told me there was an open air market in Guadajara that has parrots for sell, but cannot find out where and when it is and if they have Greys.

If anyone has any info, would appreciate it if you would respond.

Thanks

Glenn

There is a place in Oaxaca that breeds parrots and they advertise African Greys on some of the online marketplaces here. Just type it in Spanish and put it in Google MX. It should pop up.

http://www.compra-venta.org/mexico/anuncios.phtml?anuncio=kissek

Here is one, but the breeder has babies.

Google Mx. : "loros grises africanos para la venta"

Thanks for the info. That works. When I copied "African Grey wanted parrot in Spanish" and Googled it, I came up with many ads with Greys for sale.

My problem now is, when I answer the ads, my computer comes back with a message "invalid email address"

I guess the classified service wants me to fill out the "contact advertiser" in Spanish

Thanks for the info. That works. When I copied "African Grey wanted parrot in Spanish" and Googled it, I came up with many ads with Greys for sale. My problem now is, when I answer the ads, my computer comes back with a message "invalid email address" I guess the classified service wants me to fill out the "contact advertiser" in Spanish

Another thing is you might find is a breeder near Guadaaljara and get a baby. I have had one parrot for 20 years [65 word vocabulary], as a baby and died and bought a baby [20 word vocabulary] from a breeder. Both talked. A teenage parrot, even if hand tamed and not talking, might never talk, only learn to wolf whistle and a word or two, possibly, in my experience chatting with other parrot owners. If you pay to adopt one make sure it is not from a mated pair or still with a brother or sister at a teenager age, as single they might not last long after being separated. If you adopt an older parrot it might not bond with you correctly as parrots seem only to bond with one person, not always as my second one would let almost anyone pick her up. If you have a baby the one who spends the most time with it will probably be it´s bonding partner and your other family members will eventually be out, usually at about 1 year of age. I feel a mature parrot will bond eventually if it feels secure and if it bites wear leather gloves and not let it sit too long without picking it up. Alan

Alan

Got any idea how I can respond to the classified ads. I cannot write or speak Spanish.

I would love to find a baby grey around this area. I will only buy one that I can pick up in person.

We spent the night in San Luis Potosí at the La Quinta hotel on the way down from the States. Nice town

Glenn

• 6 years later...
5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

And can't cross the northern border?

My partner and I had the same problem (only in reverse) when we moved to Lakeside several years ago.  He had a blue and gold macaw that he had raised from a chick that was 29 years old when we decided to move.  He knew that he would not be able to bring him down, so we had him re-homed about six months before we moved.  That way, the new 'parents' had time to get him settled in their home while we were still there to help them with any issues that might have arisen.  Luckily, he settled in very nicely, and we kept in touch for a couple of years after we moved.

Archived