Chapala.com Webboard

Travel to bus station in Guadalajara

BohemianRhapsodian

Assuming you are talking about the Nueva Central Camionera where all the big first class buses such as Primera Plus, ETN, Vallarta Plus, etc go out of:

You can take a Guadalajara Directo bus from either Ajijic on the carretera or the Chapala main bus station. You want to tell the driver you need to get off at El Alamo. There are usually a couple of other people wanting to get off there, but make sure you tell the bus driver in case there isn't. At that stop, there are lots of taxis. Tell them you want to go to the Nueva Camionera. The directo bus is $50 pesos each way, and the taxi should be between $50-100 pesos (maybe someone who has taken it recently can tell you what to expect to pay).

You could take a taxi, but it's going to be pretty expensive both ways.

There is a bus that goes from El Alamo to the bus station, but I cannot recall what number it is, and it's going to be one of the small buses and crowded. If you have luggage, it's gonna suck and take a bit of time.

As I remember from last year? the bus from El Alomo is # 16 to the New station. You can ask when you get off the Chapala/Guad bus to be sure. I have done this several times in the last couple years.

Archived