Chapala.com Webboard

La Joya del Lago

I remain undecided about a long-term stay in Ajijic for the moment. Does anyone live or know of someone who lives at this complex? It is avaiable on a short-term basis and can be booked via Airbnb with a credit card, which suits me fine. According to Google Maps it is only 2 kms. from the main plaza and very near the lake. The House Rules in the ad say that it is a quiet place and that neither parties or noise are allowed after 10 PM. If anyone is presently living there or has lived there can you post a comment? it would be appreciated. The pool looks large from the ad and from the Google Maps aerial view as well.

I live a block from this apartment/hotel complex. It is a short one minute walk from the beach and most extranjeros don´t know this even if they have lived in Ajijic for years but you can walk for signiicant distances both east and west on isolated beach trails with occasional detours a short distance inland. A twenty minute pleasant beach walk to the Ajijic Pier along the malecon or, in the opposite direction, to La Cristina along isolated beach front you will have to yourself. A great location about which local foreign residents are abysmally ignorant, thank God. I walk with my dogs on the beach past this place almost daily all the way to La Canacinta along a deserted beach and dirt roads. This is a great place to live and from which to hike along deserted beaches and there is also great shopping nearby An undiscovered jewel.

Grab this opportunity without hesitation.

It's a nice location. A bit removed from the "thick of things", but an easy walk to the center of town. When we first moved here, we tried to rent one short term but they wouldn't accept our dog. That was almost five years ago though, so don't know if it's the same, or if that's even a concern of yours.

We just checked this out for friends of ours from Canada who wanted to stay for a week. It was nice. Very clean and everything in good order.. A large pool and jacuzzi. The rooms had queen or king sized beds with flat screen tvs. Most had small kitchens with stovetop, small fridge, coffee maker etc, nice bathrooms with showers. A 20-25 minute walk to the plaza. Half a block to the lake. Price - $200 -300 US per week depending on the size of the unit. Free Wifi throughout and free calls to the US and Canada. Nice staff. Our friends stayed there and really liked it.

Nice, friendly and safe place. The hotel rooms are studios with small kitchenette, clean and nice, excellent bathrooms with tiled wakks and good hot water. Some rooms better than others as far as location but it's about as nice as you will get. Stayed in the "hotel" part of the comples for a month and enjoyed very much. There are also longer term apartments at the back (like a six-plex of brick townhouses) but those are hard to get and they rent long-term.

A friend of mine checked it out for a relative that is coming to visit. She was very pleased with it and her relative booked it for several months. She will be arriving in 2013.

• 2 months later...

I am currently living here and it is a gem, quiet, nice grounds, the lake is 3 minutes away but not a >beach> at all, lots of stones but a lovely place to walk along the lake and take in the fresh lake air and views. 1 block from the bus that takes you in either direction to Ajijic or Chapala. 15 minutes fromthe San Juan Hot Spring baths. Clean, well priced but especially quite which is what I wanted.

Archived