Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular Process?


Recommended Posts

This thread is a prime example why the administrators should find a way to lock all thread that are over 2 years old.  Locking them would allow them to be read for background information on a topic but not allow them to be reactivated with old and erroneous information.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

I have had 2 operations here in Mexico. I asked my Dra. sister in law why this was common. The theory behind that is if they give you pain medicines to kill all the pain you might do something stupid like get up and move around too much or go back to work too early and need another repair job at no charge and take up more of their time and space they need for other patients. Mexico still has a large "macho man" population and this is a contingency they might expect from some, unfortunately.  Private Dr.s use the same way of thinking. It is better to follow the Dr.´s orders. IMO.

 

 

Your sister-in-law is wrong. Pain can kill patients and slows down healing.

Pain meds are hard to get in Mexico because they are over regulated.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120381128

"The old notion that pain is somehow "good" for you should be put to rest for good, say health officials. They are increasingly recognizing that control of pain leads to more rapid recovery for hospitalized patients, and can even cut costs."


"Controlling acute pain in the hospital setting can also decrease a patient's risk of developing chronic pain later on. When people begin to feel pain, Webster says the body begins to set up an inflammatory process in the central nervous system that's "hard to quiet down." For some people, that inflammation begins to feed on itself and, once discharged from the hospital, patients may go on to experience pain for months, even years afterward. "

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, solajijic said:

This thread is a prime example why the administrators should find a way to lock all thread that are over 2 years old.  Locking them would allow them to be read for background information on a topic but not allow them to be reactivated with old and erroneous information.  

 

 

 

From what I've read all the information looks as current as if it was written today. It doesn't look like there is any out of date info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joco said:

From what I've read all the information looks as current as if it was written today. It doesn't look like there is any out of date info.

The original poster in 2012 mentions info about the Seis Esquinas clinic which is no longer correct.  

 

Rony the next poster mentions procedures for sign up which are no longer correct. 

 

The Dr. Santiago mentions his program and is challenged on his position in the community.  He has been here and proven himself many times over since 2012 as a valuable medical asset to the area.

 

Costs mentioned are no longer valid, hospital registration info is not correct, there are english speaking physicians, etc....

 

Information on immigration procedures and healthcare change so rapidly that outdated information can be harmful and I thinkt hose types of posts should be archived after 2 years.  They are there to read and refer to but to tack info onto them years later is misleading.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, solajijic said:

The original poster in 2012 mentions info about the Seis Esquinas clinic which is no longer correct.  

 

Rony the next poster mentions procedures for sign up which are no longer correct. 

 

The Dr. Santiago mentions his program and is challenged on his position in the community.  He has been here and proven himself many times over since 2012 as a valuable medical asset to the area.

 

Costs mentioned are no longer valid, hospital registration info is not correct, there are english speaking physicians, etc....

 

Information on immigration procedures and healthcare change so rapidly that outdated information can be harmful and I thinkt hose types of posts should be archived after 2 years.  They are there to read and refer to but to tack info onto them years later is misleading.

 

3

You are right, I guess most of the readers are not smart enough to look at the dates and ask if the information is still current.

There are several English-speaking doctors at the Joco hospital. I haven't been to the Chapala clinic.

There was no cost 4 years ago to join SP and there is no cost now to join.

I didn't read anything that Rony posted that was wrong.

I don't know about Dr. Santiago. I made an appointment with him, called the day of the appointment and he said he had to cancel it because he was somewhere else. I guess if I had not called I would have been at his office. Odd that he couldn't call and cancel his appointments. I guess your idea of a good doctor is different than mine.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...