Chapala.com Webboard

Being eaten alive by mosquitoes in bed and outdoors

Arjay

Mosquitos love me as well. I just put on some high-deet repellant when I first go out and it seems to last a long time.

We've also made sure there is no standing water anywhere on our property. That definitely helped. Mosquitos don't travel all that far from where they breed.

Are all of you living at the edge of the lake, or next to standing water, and without screens on your doors & windows?

We aren't bothered by mosquitoes, although the sure do like me, if given the chance.

We were Lakeside in Oct/Nov; my husband attracts mosquitoes, spiders were attacking him too; we went to Guadalajara Pharmacy and bought "Fly Out"; the pharmacy keeps their repellents in a locked cabinet so you have to really look around;

It smells like citronella and the smell is pretty strong but it certainly worked. We're back in Canada now and will be trying it on the bugs up here - when they thaw out.

Oh as an anti itch, try Preparation H - I know, I know - gross but it does work;

Are all of you living at the edge of the lake, or next to standing water, and without screens on your doors & windows?

We aren't bothered by mosquitoes, although the sure do like me, if given the chance.

No, we're up in Riviera Alta, there's no standing water and we definitely have screens which we keep closed. The sneaky little varmints must come in when we open doors to enter or leave the house.

We were Lakeside in Oct/Nov; my husband attracts mosquitoes, spiders were attacking him too; we went to Guadalajara Pharmacy and bought "Fly Out"; the pharmacy keeps their repellents in a locked cabinet so you have to really look around;

It smells like citronella and the smell is pretty strong but it certainly worked. We're back in Canada now and will be trying it on the bugs up here - when they thaw out.

Oh as an anti itch, try Preparation H - I know, I know - gross but it does work;

What is Fly Out? Is it a spray, cream, sticky fly paper or what? Thanks.

• 2 years later...

the long and short of vicodin is addiction. believe me.

a friend of mine had a theory about "skeeters" buzzing your ears. he thought the irritation put more adrenaline in your blood

thereby "supercharging" the critters meal. i wouldn't put this past MOTHER NATURE.

i'm out here by santa cruz where those little %@*^$# 's are nothing short of criminal, once a year.

for slumber, a net is your best bet !

Archived