Chapala.com Webboard

New restaurant in Ajijic

cedros

Has anyone tried the Haciendo del Lago restaurant on Privado Ocampo (advertised on the last page of the current Guadalajara Reporter)? If so how was it?

I haven't made it there yet. I want to go for lunch there but their website shows the menu for Nov 12th to 17th only-nothing for this week.

The confusion continues between the use of "La Cocina" and "Restaurant and Bistro Happenings".....however, any comments about excessive pricing relating to this new and most welcome restaurant are totally off in left field. Does anyone actually remember how much we wanted a "higher end" restaurant in Ajijic...not a night club with music so loud that you couldn't pleasantly dine. If you've been here a while perhaps you've lost sight of what good dining in an above average surrounding is worth. After what we've experienced thus far, quiet, congenial dining with the ability to actually converse with friends while enjoying an "above average" dining experience makes this restaurant a welcome change.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried out this new restaurant for lunch. Nice setting. The food was good. Small portions. Service was good but slow. A lot of mosquitos. Pricey. I probably won't go back.

We had dinner there last Thurs and it was very good. Chef Eric is getting better and more polished.

What was their diner munu like? I have been trying but can't find anything on their web site.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived