Chapala.com Webboard

Costco salted/unsalted butter

Ginger

GREAT! Thanks for the update. Hopefully I can get there BEFORE they sell out of the salted stuff...

Valerie :)

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. Jim contacted me today and said there has not been, and the inventory manager has no knowledge of, any Kirkland salted butter at either location. And I've been to the CostCo in Zapopan right after that OP and there was none. There is always lots of some Mexican brand of salted butter.

Guess I'm going on the wrong day, because I look every time, and often I'm in CostCo every week. I check SuperLake several times a week, and I haven't seen it there for perhaps a couple of years. This constant search for reasonably-priced salted butter is more like a job than a curiosity for someone who cooks as much as I do.

Guest RevImmigrant

If you use unsalted butter, you can add salt to your food as you like and don't have to worry about the salt content in the butter. You're right about the Mexican butter - it's awful. In addition to the Lurpak, the New Zealand butter is excellent. I haven't tried the Falfurrias butter from Falfurrias, TX.

If you use unsalted butter, you can add salt to your food as you like and don't have to worry about the salt content in the butter. You're right about the Mexican butter - it's awful. In addition to the Lurpak, the New Zealand butter is excellent. I haven't tried the Falfurrias butter from Falfurrias, TX.

At $130 pesos a block, I won't be trying it either...

Apparently the popular deli/bakery on Colon (#8?) sells Tillamook salted butter. I can't imagine the price, though. (Speaking of Tillamook, suddenly there's an explosion of products by them at SuperLake in the cheese coolers, including sliced old cheddar and shredded mozz.)

Archived