Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Dog Groomer?

Another vote for Dirty Paws..........Jose Luis is an upstanding, trustworthy, excellent groomer. We have 7 dogs and we know good groomers from bad ones! Call Jose, you will not be disappointed. He brings everything with him, including a large tub with a heater coil so the bath water is nice and warm for the pooches. We have one very timid rescue dog who is terrified of everyone except us - he loves Jose Luis.............enough said!!

I've used both Dr Eric and Jose Luis and would recommend both. Dr Eric is in Chapala and Jose Luis comes to you. Jose Luis is s l o w but thorough and Dr Eric is thorough. Depends on whether you want to drop off your dog and pick it up without the bother of setting up hoses and electrical for Jose Luis. I'm guessing that Dr Eric will be a little cheaper.

I did not have the positive experience with Dirty Paws that others have reported. My dog was very fearful, so I gave her a tranquilizer myself before the grooming. She must have squirmed because she got cut very badly - clear through the skin leaving the muscle exposed. She needed stitches and 10 days of antibiotics.

We paid out several thousand pesos over a 3 week period because of terrible ear infection caused specifically from water in the ears. Not to mention the discomfort that our dog endured over this time. We had discussed this matter each time with Luis ... at first he used cotton balls, then progressed to asking me for them, then finally did not ask at all (and, yes, I forgot as I thought this issue had been settled). Then, after the ear infection came to light, I learned that cotton balls are not sufficient either ... I was told and shown how you have to keep the water out of the ears by using your thumb while ... etc. etc. At any rate, we would rather someone come to the house and that our dog did not have to endure being in and out of a cage for up to 5 hours as he has to do at the other groomer's location .... but that is nothing compared to the ear infection.

• 3 months later...

Hey folks. Got a new dog yesterday, and he's a bit... dusty. I'd really like to get him to a groomer before he learns to get on the furniture. Anyone know of a groomer in Chapala who will get me in today, or a groomer who will come to me?

Would like to know the charge per dog; I have two small ones.

Thanks.

Sally

Archived