Chapala.com Webboard

Spanish lessons, West Ajijic (La Cristina)

Tangawizi

Noemi is offering Spanish classes in West Ajijic (La Cristina). There are three levels: Beginners (Monday, 10 am-12 noon), Intermediates (Wednesday, 10 am - 12 noon), and Advanced (Tuesday, 10 am - 12 noon).

Noemi is a native Spanish speaker and a certified language teacher with 19 years experience. Her classes are small (around 6 students) to allow the students to engage in lots of conversational practice under her expert guidance. Noemi uses a variety of visual aids and activities to build all four skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).

For more information, please contact Noemi at 766-0641.

Sorry it took so long for me to answer. I did not know how to get onto the forum. My name is Noemi and I am a Spanish teacher. I graduated from the university of Guadalajara with a degree linguistics. I charge the following for my classes; Group lessons are 50 pesos per hour. Each class is two hours long. Classes for beginners are held on Monday from 10;00-12:00. Intermediate classes are held on Wed from 10:00-12:00, and advanced on Tuesdays, again from 10:00-12:00.

Feel free to contact me by phone @ 766-0641.

I am a student of Maestra Noemi's (beginner class)! She is F A N T A S T I C,,,,,(No she does not pay me to say this!).

My wife is a Mexican national AND she has been a Spanish/Biology teacher for 20 years (High school Northern California).

I recommend Noemi over my wife!!!! Yes, she might divorce me, after this comment :):)

Please sign up for her beginner class, so I can give you a hard time in Spanish :):)

I have been taking lecciones de español for more than two years now from Noemí, and have been impressed with her teaching skills since the very first day.

Noemí excels at knowing just what level of proficiency each student in her small classes has, and to avoid embarassment she very carefully tailors her questions and responses to that student's ability. There is strong emphasis on proper grammar and pronunciation in her classes; this is not a place where you will learn "gutter Spanish"!

When I arrived in Ajijic, just going to the tienda de abarrotes para comprar una botella de leche was an exercise in terror. ("What if I can't show the lady what I want? She'll ask me to explain in Spanish and I won't understand her and she'll know I'm just a stupid Gringo..."), and now I can spend all afternoon in the shops downtown without speaking word of English, and the very idea of speaking English doesn't even enter my mind.

The classes are held in Noemí's elegant terrace, and during recess she will be thrilled to show you her incredible garden.

I personally feel it is rude and disrespectful to live here and not learn the language. If you are going to be at Lakeside for any length of time, you owe it to yourself (and to your Mexican neighbors) to spend some time with Noemí.

Douglas Burnside

Archived